You played yourself

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2012 but it's good stuff - United States - Saint Paul

Today, I faked a sore throat for the school nurse so I could go home early. It took my dad the rest of the school day just to get there to pick me up. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 096
You deserved it 49 189

Same thing different taste

Top comments

YDI for faking sick, but it'll suck to be you when you actually do get sick and it takes all day for your dad to pick you up. Not that this experience will motivate him to hurry in the future...

Comments

KaelaKhaotic 5

Or you could have just sucked it up...

I like how everyone is acting like such good people telling op off for trying to skip school meanwhile I'm pretty sure just about every kid has.

That doesn't mean it is magically the right thing to do or that the OP didn't deserve it anyway.

Your bot deniying u did? Why are you arguing about it? I agree with you 18.

rotflqtms_ 21

I never had the luxury of skipping school. My mom's motto was if I'm not dead, I have to go to school. I got perfect attendance, but Hated it when I felt sick... but she had to work, so I couldn't stay home, or get home early if I had to anyway. By the time I reached an age old enough to be home alone, I still didn't b/c I was always on a good team & would have to be there after school anyway. Either show up or lose my position to someone else who did show up... So not EVERYONE skipped school.

I didn't get to skip school. Some people have single parents who have to work just to pay rent and put food on the table. I agree with whoever said it was selfish to make the dad probably take off work to pick OP up when he/she wasn't even sick. That's money for gas/transportation wasted if you normally take a free public bus, and hours deducted off his pay for no reason. That means less money for food and games for OP too.

At 69 and 71, your parents don't have to take time out of their day. You make sure that you do it in the morning. Then everyone's happy. I'm even doing this right now because I took a lot of advanced courses and know everything they teach. (mostly, but I catch on).

I've actually never skipped school or missed school for anything other than a field trip. At first it was my mother unwilling to let me stay home, not even when I had strep, food poisoning, or had a nail rip off my toenail and my foot wouldn't stop bleeding. But after a while, I just figured there's no point in ditching seeing as I'd have to make up the work anyways. I'm about to graduate high school and I've literally never ditched, been tardy, or taken a sick day.

18 - I agree with you, because ALMOST every kid (me included......back in the day) does this at one point or another. Still.... Karma's a bitch lol!

MissHayleyJames 7

Wow I must be a horrible person considering how many times I skipped school from faking sick or just having my dad tell them I had a doctors appointment or something. As long as you get your work done and keep your grades up, there's nothing wrong with skipping school. I'll let my kids skip sometimes. I really don't see what the big deal is.

That's horrible... There are much easier ways to skip!! Next time, just write a note pretending to be your parents saying you have an appointment.

nofearjenshere 12

But OP would still need a ride...

Plus, that's called, forging somebody's signature. Which is also known as... A felony!

No, no, no. It's fine, I promise! Just schedule in advance when you want to skip. I like Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Then write a note saying you have to go to the dentist, doctor, or moon! They will never know!

Each time you post something I lose a bit of respect for you. In order for these notes to be written and to look like they are from your parents you would have to sign your parents name. Which is forging their signature. Which is a felony.

Apparently my sarcasm isn't coming through. I apologize for that. I have never actually skipped a class in my life.

In that case, I apologize. Its just that sadly, I know people who are that ignorant and aren't being sarcastic.

I wasn't sensing the sarcasm either, but more along the lines of stupidity or trying to get OP in serious trouble which is also stupid or retarded...take your pick...lol. Sarcasm or not, just bad to post that kinda thing to some kid who's obviously "not the brightest crayon in the box or sharpest tool in the shed"

I'll admit I used sarcasm poorly, but I wont admit I'm trying to get the op in trouble or stating an activity that I actually engage in. If somebody was to actually forge a note, it might work once or twice but they could never get away with doing it more than that. And an appointment to the moon, obviously, is not serious. Yes, my comment was stupid and not humorous, but it was not intended in any ill-mannered way.

If it was my school nurse, all you have to do is ask for a cough drop then you're most likely going home. Happened to me twice.. But you deserved that one, faking gets you no where, literally..

Thats when you fake it BEFORE school. YDI. You should pay ur dad back for the money spent on gas.

smilefaces8 2

I like your pictur it is funny I love lord of the rings

perdix 29

Everyone bought the fake except your dad. He's probably become an expert on fakery under the tutelage of your mom ;)

I like how you said that, perdix...they probably won't understand that one until they're muuuuch older. Lol.

I won't tell you that you shouldn't have been trying to skip class, because I've done it too. However, that was the lamest attempt I've seen. A sore throat? Really? Fake a stomachache or headache or something. I don't know why you expected a sore throat to get you out of anything.

Come on now. Read his post and use your brain. The fake sore throat did work. Changing the fake illness would not have helped. The problem is that OP had not thought through the entire process. Going through the system to get out of class and then waiting for a parent to get there to pick him up takes time. By the time dear old Dad arrived, school was over for the day.

you're right especially because they can check if its pink or red, they can catch you if your faking a soar throat.

Sounds like you are stupid already and should stay in school as much as possible including summer school.

That's happened to me before... It's retarded -.-

nofearjenshere 12

I feel like you got thumbed down just for using the word "retarded." I hate that word because it can be offensive towards people who have mentally handicapped relatives.

I thumbed down 29, not because she used the word "retarded", but because she must be mentally challenged to think it was retarded. I thumbed you down 68, because your statement wasn't needed (and shows ignorance of the facts), by telling her that she got thumbed down for use of that word because it also proves you aren't mature enough to see that she was truly thumbed down because her statement was immature, selfish, childish &, yes...retarded. ( in the definition of her comment being truly stupid & not that of the mentally handicapped.)

DillonMidge03 3
DillonMidge03 3

That has happend to me before but ydi