Leave me alone

By LFE - 16/10/2013 04:40 - United States - Liberty Hill

Today, after applying at over 30 businesses over the past 6 months, I have had not one single call. I later find out that I was using my old phone number on the applications, and my secondary phone was my mom's. She thought they were telemarketers. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 614
You deserved it 45 425

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If we've learned one thing on this site, it's always double check your resume!

Ah honest mistake, maybe try double checking your information next time! Fyl, OP!

Comments

Ah honest mistake, maybe try double checking your information next time! Fyl, OP!

You should always make a follow-up call about a week or two after applying, anyway. Just one call, asking if your application got to the right person and expressing excitement over the possibility of working there.

If by "honest mistake" you mean "stupid completely preventable mistake", then I totally agree with you. Rule #1 of résumés: Don't lie. Rule#2: Check your information for accuracy. Rule#3: Double check your information for accuracy. Rule#4: Don't mention that you're Team Edward.

But the mother did not know he applied to the jobs, so if someone says "Hi this is Erika from [company] and [number you do not know]" of course the mother would think they were telemarketers. My mom does not even listen to the whole message sometime.

CallMeMcFeelii 13

You're not supposed to lie on resumés!? Well god damn it, I put 'I'm Batman' on every single question! What happens if they find out I'm actually really only Robin?!

If we've learned one thing on this site, it's always double check your resume!

There are a lot of things we learn from this website.

Most of it is just common sense though :p

Mr_Mole 24

And backup coursework on a memory stick every 15mins.

It sucks that your mom thought they were telemarketers, but you really should have doubled checked.

aww I feel bad for you that sucks, its such an easy mistake, at least now you can change it and fingers crossed you'll get a job :)

Why would you not notify them that you have changed your number with something as important as getting a job? I won't say you deserve it, but you should definitely be more aware of things like that.

That really sucks. I feel for you. Just be sure to ALWAYS double or even triple check your resume!

Did you have proofreading as one of your skills?

"Detail-oriented" is the most common one I see (seriously overused, people), and if I see that and a typo on the same paper, it's automatically into the waste bin. Sounds harsh, but if you put that and don't spend the 5 minutes to actually look at your work, why should I?

Sure your mom shares some of the blame, but most of it lies on your shoulders!

The mother shares no blame at all actually.

Beepbeep7 14

Yes.Lets jump the mother for OP's negligence..

Sorry Op, but you deserve it. You should have made sure that your contact info,was good.