White knight, wrong place

By Anonymous - 23/02/2018 19:00

Today, I dropped in on my wife at her part time waitressing job. As I was leaving, I gave her tushie a playful squeeze. I was then tackled by some acne-ridden teenage blockhead trying to impress the hot waitress by beating up the guy groping her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 752
You deserved it 2 705

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Maybe you should keep those actions at home and not do them in public?

Dude, respect your wife at her job. It's her freaking JOB, for chrissake.

Comments

Everyone is saying Kudo's for the teen for standing up for the waitress but I disagree. I think it is great that he was willing to stand up for her but he should have checked that she was actually in some kind of distress or that she needed help before tackling someone. That's also not to say that I think the OP should have been pinching his wife's but at work. I'm not against it happening in public the way some people are but I don't think you should ever bring such things into work. If you are at a ballgame or out having a picnic, fine, but not in front customers and bosses. That said though, I still think the teen is more in the wrong because it is also a little bit sexist to assume she needed him to tackle the guy. If it had been an assault she may have been perfectly capable of handling on her own. You only intervene if you ask the person, in this case the waitress/wife, if they need assistance and they say yes. You don't just tackle random people on a theory.

I couldn't edit for typos but I know that is the wrong but and that it should have been butt.

Mungolikecandy 19

I once saw a man punching a woman. I stepped in. She said it was alright (as sadly domestic abuse victims can believe this after their soul is crushed by the abuse). I did not believe a man punching a woman was acceptable.

WeirdUS 29

How many guys doing that wouldn't claim that they knew them somehow and it was ok? In public asking a ton of questions to make sure isn't an option depending one has to assume the worst especially concerning sexual assault.

Alup132 22

Totally deserved it! You grope your wife in public, even worse, where people are trying to eat, and her upset that someone tried to protect your wife? That’s like me coming up to my friend and punching him as a surprise, and complaining that someone else punched me to protect them. No, what you did wasn’t meant to be taken badly, but sex is in the bedroom for a reason...

Lobby_Bee 17

Something tells me this boy just wants to play hero. It wouldn't make any sense to jump to the conclusion that you are a pervert taking advantage of another female with just one ass grab.

Leviathene 34

Its this attitude that ensures that sexism prevails. The teen could've verbally asked before tackling, but all he saw was a woman getting groped at work. If you think seeing a woman getting groped in her workplace is ok, then you are part of the problem.

Lobby_Bee 17

Do you have problems with reading? Because that's exactly the point I said. He should ask the female if she was in distress BEFORE jumping into the conclusion she was being harassed. Yeah, I'm the problem here for thinking rationally.

boopingsnoot 24

I could write a paper on how this illustrates well-intentioned male stupidity. You for embarassing your wife at work, and teen for immediately resorting to violence.

Please do. I would love to read it and maybe some guys like these would learn something.

onceuponatime456 16

Hopefully you kicked the shit out of him!

Luke16eirb7deneuwn1 20

So civil-cuorage DOES exist...

Honestly, what were you thinking? She was WORKING!! That’s so incredibly inappropriate. I hope she’s pissed at you. I would be.

Wintermelons 19

Keep that shit at home! It’s indecent, just give her a kiss.

Thorn3359 10