Some things aren't obvious

By Anonymous - 03/07/2022 04:00

Today, my now ex-girlfriend accused me of wasting a year of her life when I told her I seriously don’t want kids. We’ve never discussed kids until today, but I’ve always known I never wanted them. Apparently she does want them, so she considers our whole relationship as a waste of a year. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 061
You deserved it 1 034

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I mean it sucks to get dumped, but you obviously are not compatible if you don't want kids and she does. It is, essentially, a waste of both of your lives because you want different things on a large enough scale that you should not be together. Sorry you're hurting though - that sucks.

Sorry for what you're going through, but you both deserve it for not bringing this up much earlier.

Comments

A whole year is a lot of time on the Biological Clock. You really did steal a big chunk of her child-bearing schedule, prick.

Horrible man, why was this never brought up before though?

I mean it sucks to get dumped, but you obviously are not compatible if you don't want kids and she does. It is, essentially, a waste of both of your lives because you want different things on a large enough scale that you should not be together. Sorry you're hurting though - that sucks.

Sorry for what you're going through, but you both deserve it for not bringing this up much earlier.

It’s definitely a waste of a year, if her goal is marriage and kids and yours isn’t, but 1. It’s better to lose a year than 5-10 like some people who stick around hoping the other person will change their mind, and 2. It’s pretty much her fault she feels like she lost that year because she should have brought it up if it were so important to her. It’s not your fault, it’s definitely hers.

xxWTFxx1981 23

I personally think she wanted to dump you anyway and this was just her excuse. If this was that important to her she would of brought it up within the first few weeks of dating.

Correct, you wasted a year of her life. Both of you share that though because neither of you defined the parameters of a shared future.

It's not like she couldn't have brought up kids as a subject matter. You're not alone in the blame that it took that long to talk about it and find out you're incompatable. So it's not your fault that it happened.

As a childfree person myself, that is something you want to talk about during your first few dates.