What a tool

By kash - 01/06/2015 18:14 - United States - Santa Clara

Today, I was walking home with my boyfriend, when a guy pulled a knife and told us to hand over our money. My boyfriend blurted "I don't have shit, dude! She has tons of cash!" The moment the mugger turned to me, my boyfriend ran away at top speed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 059
You deserved it 3 211

Same thing different taste

Comments

And this is one of those few instances where that comment is actually valid. How could he put you in danger like that?

mwali02 32

Please include the details of the breakup in your follow up. What a jerk. So glad you made it out okay. As for the crook, how did that go? Karma won't be good to him.

ExtremeEncounter 32

Now how would the situation fair if it was the GIRL who ran away...?

#77 Are you trying to make it a sexist thing? It's not okay to run away in this situation either way, gender doesn't matter.

And now, ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, the most overused FML comment of all time.

ExtremeEncounter 32

Lol #82 do you really believe people would act the same had it been the girl running?

Amen #103. It is a sexist thing #82. Nonetheless I hope you're ok OP...and that he really is your ex now

I see your point but if the genders were reversed and a girl had said to a mugger "I don't have shit, he has tons of cash!", I'm pretty sure no one would be on her side. People need to stop trying to twist everything to make it about sexism. Telling someone with a knife to go for your partner instead of you is a disgusting and cowardly thing to do no matter what your gender is, and I think most people would agree with me.

ExtremeEncounter 32

#112 Obviously the guy is a dick, but here's where you're wrong. I've seen countless FML's that have had similar reversed rolls or other situations and either the women or men get off when the other gender had not.

i havnt seen these fmls and i think youre exagerating, which is where youre wrong. i would never let her off easy if roles were reversed.

122 is so right. its normal to be scared. but TELLING a mugger to go after your partner is the jerk move. who the **** does that, man or woman?

ExtremeEncounter 32

Lol #125 if you'd read what I wrote I said the guy was a dick. I never said that the guy wasn't a dick, though I only question how people would act had the roles been reversed, which people would act differently.

ExtremeEncounter 32

#122 Seems you have trouble reading. Let me help you with that; I said the guy was a dick, of course because he is. But that doesn't mean people wouldn't act differently had the roles been reversed. Try again.

129- The point is that people probably wouldn't act differently if the roles were reversed. Like I said, if the fml involved a girl telling a mugger to go for her boyfriend instead of her, I highly doubt that anyone would be defending her.

ExtremeEncounter 32

#132 Though possible, some may figure that's what she probably should have done instead of being mugged with her boyfriend.

ExtremeEncounter 32

#140 you realize that indeed it is probable that most people wouldn't blame the girl for running. Similar things happen often enough to know that people would be a lot more lenient.

most people would get mad at a girl for telling the mugger to attack the guy. dont you see that in your downvotes? he didnt just run, that would have been better. they tried to get their partner hurt. you are the one being sexist

ExtremeEncounter 32

#158 I have to explain this again. Did I say what the guy did is justified? No? Was it implied? No. Your argument is now invalid. Move along.

ExtremeEncounter 32

#160 you didn't even make an effort to stay on topic. I wasn't arguing whether it would be better if one would run instead of telling the mugger to get their partner. gg get rekt m80

ExtremeEncounter 32

#160 Seems you have trouble sticking to the original topic. I was never arguing over whether it would be better for someone to just run instead of bringing the attackers attention to them then running.

Hiimhaileypotter 52

#164, Wow - you're extremely good at beating around the bush. This entire conversation is just ridiculous on your part.

ExtremeEncounter 32

And yet #176 people like you keep bringing it back around. Thank you for feeding me Seymour, more food can be donated to 1-800-TROLLS-NEEDA-EAT. You can reach us by visiting our website at www.killurself4me-dankkush.com.

You should have said something like "if a girl ran away first because her bf wanted her to or let her, in that situation, people would justify it", but there's no way if a girl screwed over her bf by saying he was the one with money would that EVER fly.

ExtremeEncounter 32

#179 Yes, it would fly for some.

#77 It would be just as bad. He didn't just run off in panic. He deliberately endangered her by turning the mugger on her so he could escape. That would be a douche move no matter who did it.

#132 I want to agree, but then there are people who think OP deserved this. Nevertheless, anyone who condoned a woman who did this would be wrong.

MakeItStopWtf 12

I think there are people who just click YDI on every post. Nobody deserves that.

lexiieeex3 32

Or time to come at him with a knife and see how he likes it...

nityasomaiya 46

OP should have turned the tables and said that her boyfriend was running because he had money. She was broke, and cried like a grandmother to him, about all het miseries. He would have definitely got the boyfriend instead then.

And, now the mugger and OP are dating...

rdenkewicz 11

Yup ditch him at top speed.

Wow OP. I think if you were married and had kids with this loser he would give the baby to the mugger and say something like "The small one is worth thousands, take it!"

The sad thing is that I could see this happening. Not necessarily in OP's case, but in general as well.

Hopefully he wasn't your boyfriend much longer after that.

Hopefully, OP returned home safely. Completely.

You're boyfriend should always use protection

The grammar is killing me... you are boyfriend?

ExtremeEncounter 32

#63 Number 19 isn't in this comment thread.

expertsmilee 26

Obviously you made it out, now find his ass and give him what he has coming to him.

Your boyfriend didn't have money and now he doesn't have a girlfriend.

Dodge4x4Ram 46

Peter Griffin did this & it was funny. this wasn't funny. ruin that guys reputation.

Megatron_Griffin 25

I'm so sorry this happened to you! I hope you're alright....find a new boyfriend but smack your ex sense before you do so