Can't have friends

By Owie - 12/01/2022 17:00

Today, my boyfriend and I were taking a stroll when I was mugged at knife point. My boyfriend did nothing and just stood there while the mugger took my purse and cellphone. His reason? The other day, I'd "disrespected" him by “texting another guy.” I’d texted the guy, “Happy birthday.” FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 764
You deserved it 299

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Even if you talked to"another guy," your boyfriend should have thrown himself on the knife to save your purse and crappy cell phone. Sounds like your BF made the right choice.

She would have said brother, cousin, uncle, etc. if it was one of those. "Another guy" means rival for the boyfriend.

Comments

You remembered another guy's birthday? Seems suspicious to me. You expected him to confront a knife-wielding assailant while unarmed? That kind of bullshit only works in the movies. Either walk around armed and ready to fight, or you give in to the demands of armed people who got the drop on you.

What if the other guy was a relative? Seriously. You’re seriously rude.

That shouldn't matter, OP can have male friends.

he may have given a really selfish reason, but be honest about how willing you'd be to through your life away for replaceable property.

She would have said brother, cousin, uncle, etc. if it was one of those. "Another guy" means rival for the boyfriend.

wysegirl 24

It could be a friend or a coworker.

justwanttobesocial...butalsonot 9

Ummm your bf is legitimately dangerous and put your life at stake... please gtf away from him as far as you can asap. There is no excuse for him aiding the assailant. He helped the assailant threaten your life. That is ALL of the red flags 😬 please stay safe and take care 💜

I think you may need to reread the original post.

Jesus, someone needs the rapture early, they're not making it to the end.

Glitterbaby2613 20

you obviously don't have a conscience, just like op

Vesi 29

OK.. I have all the questions here... Did your bf KNOW the mugger and set up that mugging? Was the assailant armed? Does your BF have any skills or any way to even protect you (or himself) from assailants? Bottom line, though? mugged or not, it sounds like dude has some *serious* possessive issues and I personally think you need to take a step away and really assess this relationship. Good luck. =/

Doom_Kitty 12

I would probanly ask my boyfriend if he wanted to die when he started to argument with an armed person threatening someone because that's how people die. Also...not only but also...

What exactly was he supposed to do? Take a stabbing? You are both here to talk about it, learn from that. If you think he should have sacrificed his life for you, then maybe he needs to reconsider the relationship.

randybryant799 20

And he's still your boyfriend???

wysegirl 24

my question exactly.. If anyone used that poor excuse for why they didn't help while I was being mugged I'd be out the door. so what she knows another guy's birthday. This guy is not worth the hassle and she needs to walk away.

Even if you talked to"another guy," your boyfriend should have thrown himself on the knife to save your purse and crappy cell phone. Sounds like your BF made the right choice.

If someone is desperate enough to rob you with a weapon, you should let them. A trip to the ER will be more expensive than just getting a new purse. - I'm not getting killed over a freaking iphone

JaheimXD 5

Not all guys are fighters, Madame

rotflqtms_ 21

While I don't believe he should have done anything against an armed mugger, I think him saying he just let it happen because she wished someone happy birthday really speaks volumes. What if a guy was unarmed and wanted to sexually assault her or attack her? Would he have just stood there and let that happen too? I wouldn't dump him for letting that mugging happen, but I would have dumped him for what he said after the mugging. He sounds super possessive and like he's willing to let you get hurt when he's irrationally upset. He seems controlling and possessive.