What a ******* liar, dude! What a *******, weaselly, little liar, dude!

By nohablaespanol - This FML is from back in 2013 but it's good stuff - United States - Sanger

Today, I had an interview for a job I really wanted. On my resumé, I wrote that I speak conversational Spanish, although I don't. When I arrived for the interview, my interviewer decided to conduct it in Spanish. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 656
You deserved it 95 922

Top comments

SharnaaaBanana 22

YDI. Why would you risk that?

Great thinking OP. Did it ever occur to you that you might one day have to demonstrate the skills you put on a resume? You most definitely deserve it.

Comments

RedPillSucks 31

Well. Perhaps OP thought that "Dora the explorer" sheets was all that was needed for conversational spanish. Me. I'm fluent in Chinese because of my "Ni Hao Kai-lin" tee shirt.

jxcala 10

Never lie to an interviewer! Or on your résumé. YDI for being stupid

slickz20 5

The stupidity and arrogance he/she'll never get caught IS TOO DAMN HIGHHHHH

It's ok to exaggerate on your resume, everyone does it.. Just make it something impressive that they CAN'T check ;)

Claiming to speak a language when you don't isn't an exaggeration; it's a blatant lie.

Kelishas 9

YDI. Either take lessons or don't put it down, because chances are you will run into someone that speaks the language and get called on your BS.

Muy mal hecho. Nunca debes mentir en el resumé con algo así. De hecho, nunca debes mentir. Espero que hayas aprendido tu lección. You did a bad thing. You should never lie in a resume about something like that. In fact, you should never lie. Hope you learned your lesson.

OP, Do you know in most business they can fire you for lying on an application or resume?