What a ******* liar, dude! What a *******, weaselly, little liar, dude!

By nohablaespanol - This FML is from back in 2013 but it's good stuff - United States - Sanger

Today, I had an interview for a job I really wanted. On my resumé, I wrote that I speak conversational Spanish, although I don't. When I arrived for the interview, my interviewer decided to conduct it in Spanish. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 656
You deserved it 95 922

Top comments

SharnaaaBanana 22

YDI. Why would you risk that?

Great thinking OP. Did it ever occur to you that you might one day have to demonstrate the skills you put on a resume? You most definitely deserve it.

Comments

onorexveritas 23

don't lie on a goddamn resumé

Most background checks will identify if a person has lied on their application. Here in Canada that's an instafail of the person's candidacy and likely will get them black listed.

Pensu 12

To be fair, if you put 'conversational Spanish' then it was a dick move for them to try to conduct the interview in Spanish. At most they should have just tried a typical "hello, how are you?" exchange since that's all you were claiming to be capable of. But yeah, still a YDI.

It's better not to lie at all. If it's something they can't figure out you lied about, then it's probably something you will never use on the job and therefore won't help you get the job.

ydi, don't lie, that's reason enough to even fire someone...

Congratulations, you're a moron. Why the **** would you do that?

Mandie56 4

Lying on your resume is the NUMBER ONE THING NOT TO DO. Even IF they hired you because they didn't find out, as soon as they found out they would almost certainly have fired you ANYWAY. Nice going...that was probably the most stupid thing you could have done besides walking into the interview wearing a horse mask.