Welcome…

By Anonymous - 19/02/2013 07:55 - Australia - Wahroonga

Today, I met my mother's deeply religious fiancé for the first time. His response upon seeing me was to look me square in the eye and say, "You'll need to take out that nose stud or I'm afraid you'll not be welcome in our home." FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 806
You deserved it 4 574

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I don't see what your nose stud has to do with religion, this guy sounds like a bit of an ass!

Comments

crazytwinsmom 25

Is the nose stud shaped like a penis or something religiously offensive? Otherwise he needs to get over himself.

zombieslayer83 19

Or a penis shape and he thought it was a banana.

zombieslayer83 19

Sounds like the only stud that needs to be removed is him.

This assumes that deeply religious people are studs. I suspect most are duds in bed.

I hope you stood up for yourself OP. He should be watching what he says especially since he isn't even officially married to your mum yet.

RedPillSucks 31

Tell him that Jesus accepts people as they are. Tell him that your nose piercing is a symbolic gesture of the piercing that Jesus had on the cross. It's bullshit, of course, but so is his objection to your piercing. Our church has lots of people with nose rings and tattoos. It's not about what's on the outside. Matthew 7:3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?" Matthew 7 “Do not judge, or you too will be judged.

Well said, too many Christians out there don't understand why they believe what they do. It's not an excuse to condemn others and throw stones, but an opportunity to accept God's love and share that with others.

47 - There're also those who use the authoritarian aspects of a religion to manipulate others. They're basically just bullies; religion is their fig leaf. They don't want to understand anything else because it would mess up their game.

Preach it good sir! I've been trying to convince my family of this (the not judging others part, no piercings for me :p), to little/no avial :/

I think this is more about Leviticus 19:28... "Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD." The bible very LITERALLY condemns piercings or tattoos in any way... (By the way, I'm not religious, so don't go preaching against me. I'm just quoting sources...)

#241 that is YOUR interpretation of that verse. Just because you see it that way, doesn't mean everyone else does.

Did your mother not say anything?? I hope she stood up for you, it makes me sad when parents choose their new partners over their children :(

Iknoweverything 29

I think nose piercings are gross in general, but that's no excuse for his behavior. If that's the first thing you're going to say to your future stepchild, what kind of step parent are you going to be? I hope OP's mother has a serious conversation with her husband-to-be, because no parent should tolerate that attitude towards THEIR child.

It's your house and you decide who is allowed in it.

bigdonnie624 15

I think 31 was referring to it being OP's house... Though for all we know mother is moving into the fiancé's house ... Just take it out while you're there if he makes your mom happy its a small price.

What an ass. A lot of people have nose studs for cultural reasons.

Ultimate_No 7

62, oddly enough, there's cultures other than whatever one you're part of. Many tribal cultures get piercings or tattoos to show coming of age etc. Just one example.

If god told him the body is "sacred" then he should also be against pierced ears. You can't say god's okay with this modification but not that one religious hypocrites piss me off. If your going to follow silly beliefs at least be consistent.