Welcome…

By Anonymous - 19/02/2013 07:55 - Australia - Wahroonga

Today, I met my mother's deeply religious fiancé for the first time. His response upon seeing me was to look me square in the eye and say, "You'll need to take out that nose stud or I'm afraid you'll not be welcome in our home." FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 806
You deserved it 4 574

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I don't see what your nose stud has to do with religion, this guy sounds like a bit of an ass!

Comments

benhemon 4

He seems pretty good at loving his neighbor.

I would give him the finger and tell him to **** off Jesus freak and walked in the house with the nose stud on.

My mom married a fundie a few years back. He constantly told me I was a horrible person for being atheist and was going to hell, that nobody loved me, and that he came before me in my mom's life (he had a marriage certificate saying so.....I guess my birth certificate meant nothing, huh?) He told my mom that I needed to "see the light" and openly called me a "drug infested bitch." Luckily, my mom choose me....after about two years and many fights....but she still did.

Was he in YOUR home when he said that? If so, tell him :GTFO ASSHOLE!!

You think that's bad when the pope died my step mom told me I was going to hell. I was like 13/14 at the time.

RedPillSucks 31

That's weird. Did she think you had something to do with the popes death?

TheyCallMeDamien 17

I would've left and told my mother well you have my number. I would've bogarted if it was my mother's house. But if it's "there/his" place it's better to walk away.

step dads have no say for at least 3 years

poemqueen 15

The Bible doesn't say you CAN'T get piercings, it just says to be modest in appearance. There's examples in the Bible of women who are good examples that have nose piercings. The apostle Paul even wrote about the wearing of jewelry and not to over do it. Where you live and what the culture normality is depends on where you can get the piercings. I'm a Jehovah's Witness and most of you guys would consider us religious nuts, and we don't see anything wrong with nose or ear piercings.

Sadly, this is another example of the Bible's hypocrisies. There are passages in the OT that state anyone with piercings (or a shved face, or short hair) is going to Hell. That being said, OP just said their new stepdad was religious. There was no mention of Christianity.

RedPillSucks 31

True, but this sort of stuff is typical of the Abrahamic religions (monotheistic) which include Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. Their views pull from the same set of religious doctrines.

poemqueen 15

#111 um that's kind of impossible, since the concept of hell wasn't introduced until the 2nd century. Which was about 400 years after the last OT book was written, and a 100 after the NT

I would get three more piercing and just randomly come in a sit down on the couch and start watching TV. He's just a stepdad. He is coming into MY family. He is the one to have to shape up. Not me.

You should have said ill take this nose ring out when you take the C out of Christ so that way you can see how well he likes being offended all because you love to share just like the bible teaches us all sharing is caring