Vicious circle

By nicklesg - 23/06/2009 23:05 - United States

Today, my car was impounded because I never registered it in California after moving here. In order to get it back, I need to register it. In order to register it, I need to pass a CA smog check. In order to pass the smog check, I need my car. FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 549
You deserved it 14 506

Same thing different taste

Top comments

headshotkillz 0

FML! That's what happens when you live in the most ****** up state in the country

notapplicable123 0

You should have done that all when you moved to California. Call me insensitive, but YDI.

Comments

Eh, easy solution. the DMV gives you a temp registration that lasts 60 days, so you could get your car out of impound. But yeah, you totally deserved it.

falloutgurl517 0

#19: Are you serious? I'm not about to start an ideological debate here, but that was probably one of the least intelligent posts I've ever read on here.

Good. Don't start something that you cannot possibly win. Its not "ideology" Berkley Boy. It is common sense. And if you maintain that "that was probably one of the least intelligent posts I've ever read on here", then obviously to both me and my intelligentsia colleagues, this is your first time visiting FML. And, I might add, yours is probably one of the least intelligent posts I've ever read on here. "I spoke my mind and tried to be respectful"

"And, I might add, yours is probably one of the least intelligent posts I've ever read on here." And why would that be? I insulted your previous post? My apologies, I didn't get the memo that you were God. As for the Berkley Boy comment, it doesn't take a college degree to debate "common sense", it just takes a bit of logic, something which is obviously lacking in some areas. "I spoke my mind and tried to be respectful"? Yeah, and I just evolved from an ape yesterday.

ohhhhshizzz 0

Well California is going to break away from the rest of America one day, so...

Kylias 6

Ah, the delicious scent of Catch 22.

Icarus3 0

Hmm... YDI for not registering it properly (unless you have a really good reason, like it's only been a couple of weeks and you honestly just hadn't gotten a chance yet), but FYL for how impossible they're making it to do the right thing now.

notapplicable123 0

#50- Eh hem. #19 is right. With Obama's view on everything, taxpayers WILL be getting the heavy load, so to speak. Since we can actually pay our taxes, people assume[some, not all] "OH HAY! They have a lot of money! -taxformeplease-!" When honestly, some people are cutting it close. [ownviewhere] The government should get rid of welfare, Medicare, etc. It's just wasting money. I'm being cruel, but seriously. Our ancestors were able to get through it, why can't people now? No government paid benefits= more money= less taxes...

ohhhhshizzz 0

Well with what you are saying then you might as well have the same views as Obama. We shouldn't tax everybody. But look at a few scenarios* *spell check??!?! I'm on Medicare/Medicade one of the two, but they are trying to take it away from me because my mom has a "higher paying job." That higher paying job has to go to our rent; $900. Our utilities, a lot a month. Our phone bills, food, clothing[also school uniforms], her car bills and insurance, her school, my college fund. But do they realize that? No, neither do you, eh? I have horrible eye sight, and need braces but I won't be able to even get my braces yet because they are trying to take away my Medicare. My eyes are actually getting worse, and I need to go to the Eye Doctor at least twice a year. I won't be able too. Things are extremely high, but you don't remeber that, huh. And I agree there are people who misuse welfare but that check can help a lot of people because there are the ones who really do need the money, and do use the money. But taking it away from everyone is just injust. And yes our ancsetors did do a lot of things, but they also lived in wood houses, drove wagons, grew their own foods, and some were very illiterate some caused slavery and they had no women's rights. Our ancsetors did a lot of things but we have changed.

It doesn't matter how paradoxical you try to make it seem...it's still your fault for being irresponsible.