Up in smoke

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2013 but it's good stuff - United States - Portland

Today, I lit my beard on fire while trying to light a cigarette driving to work. I got fired from work when I got there because of my appearance. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 804
You deserved it 46 676

Top comments

Ah, the one smoking hazard the Surgeon General didn't warn you about. That's how they get ya...

Apply cold water to the - Hey where's half of your beard?

Comments

Nobody deserves to be fired for their personal choices. Just cuz he smokes is no reason to say that. I'm sure you have plenty of bad habits, just like we all do. It's just that ours are more socially acceptable. We as non-smokers have already taxed these people into the stratosphere and driven them outside in the rain. It's time we gave smokers a break. They're a dying breed anyway.

Fired. Ha ha. I see what you did there. On a totally unrelated note, I wonder how many smoke haters own a gun and defend their rights to own and use them.

you think losing your beard is bad, just wait til you lose your teeth!

While I think that it stinks that you lit your beard on fire while smoking, I doubt that it was your first infringement that got you fired from work. Generally companies don't fire for something like that on a first offense.

The whole smoking thing aside, keep in mind that you were trying to use something that made fire while operating a vehicle. Being fired is probably over the line, but you kind of deserved having your beard light up.

Serves you right. Maybe it's time to quit.

gregkingsley 4

U wanna roll like ur in duck dynasty then those are the breaks you will get. Now finish chopping it off and get laid for change.

That's what you get. That's a warning sign from GOD saying stop smoking cigarette or the next time it'll be your whole body

Yet another great reason to stop smoking.