Ungrateful!

By lifesabitch2016 - 24/05/2014 06:23 - United States - Moses Lake

Today, I explained to my dad that I had spent over three hours baking, frosting, and decorating a cake from scratch and how proud I was of it. Without even looking up at me, he replied, "You really need a boyfriend." FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 522
You deserved it 5 518

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Cooking skills like that? You're going to get a man for sure. What the hell want to go out?

Don't listen to him unless that's what you really want

Comments

I will be your boyfriend if you keep making cake.

I like how your comment and avatar go together like peanut butter and jelly!

You could do the same even if you had a boyfriend. A hobby/skill doesn't mean you're lonely or pathetic. He's crazy.

Better yet, OP could find a boyfriend who loves spending time making cake as much as she does!

Lol sounds like my dad. So what if I talk to myself for a couple hours everyday? They just don't get it...

Nothing wrong with being single or baking a delicious cake.

I might agree but... I really want some cake.

That's an insult to all bakers -_-baking is an art. And not something just anybody can do.

Baking is an art and is something everyone can do, just not something that every person can be great at or create masterpieces with. I love to bake cakes and things, but they are rarely good looking like one you would buy would be.

chocolatefrog28 29

If you have that kind of passion, dedication, and zeal for something, a relationship will follow when you're ready and someone comes along that can appreciate it. Just because your dad can't, doesn't mean you should feel any less accomplished by what you've done. Good job, OP!

Who knows, you could be a good baker in the future and prove your dad wrong

I never really did understand why people are pressured into having boyfriends/girlfriends, it means less time for one to truly develop their own hobby or passion. Don't take it too personally, from someone who can't cook all too well I admire what you've accomplished.

Then get one and have a celebration for Memorial Day with the Cake Or just don't listen to your dad