Trauma

By SkipLegDay - 03/08/2016 08:48 - New Zealand - Palmerston North

Today, my untrained legs have been traumatised by the sudden regime of squats, mountain climbers and lunges I have been putting them through. I literally just have to trust-fall back onto the toilet and hope for the best, because my legs don't have the strength to support the gradual descent. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 405
You deserved it 3 308

Same thing different taste

Top comments

leagacysgirl 19

It gets better. Keep up the good work!

Once you get to the point where you can work them out then through what you did already but very lightly. Like do less reps, no weight, but just do something to lightly work them. It will really help with soreness.

Comments

Give yourself a rest until your legs stop aching, and cut back a little on either your reps or sets. And don't forget protein!

AurumPotestasEst 16

You have to pace yourself...

Hi guys, OP here. Just want to say thanks for all the support! To make things a bit clearer, though my title said skiplegday or something along those lines, this was, in fact, my first leg day. Im new to the world of exercise and body toning and health. After five years of putting on the pounds and losing and self-esteem and health, i decided it was time for a change! It's not too late for a healthy me! Unfortunately my burst of enthusiasm and motivation led me to overdo it I suppose, boy oh boy lesson learned. Thanks for all the advice and Ill be sure to ease myself into it and stretch and all those other wonderful things from now on :)

I did the same thing! Don't let the mishap discourage you in your enthusiasm. You're doing great with making a change for your health. from a fellow ex-fatty (...and I DO NOT mean offense. I have been there!) highest 263 lbs. Current 138. I'm 5"3. YOU CAN DO IT!

sounds like effective training, what is it called?

i went through that a few times after hitting the gym hard

OP, when I first started lifting weights and getting fit I couldn't lift a spoon to my mouth. I had the use my not sore wrist to scoop and lean in like Clooney wearing his Batman costume. You may feel low about yourself now but you will feel better when you look back on today. Congrats btw.

When that happens to me, I hold on to the sink while sitting down slowly, it helps more than risking a future incident.

Man I remember when I did that, I'm majoring in theatre and because I'm tech it requires me to do a lot of running backstage up and down the stairs and let me tell you I almost fell down every trip I made. I was just grateful I wasn't in the show because I would have ruined the whole thing lmao

It should be like this every workout, or it wasn't a workout.