By Anonymous - 18/01/2015 16:34 - Ireland

Today, after the longest time, I went to the gym. I ran and ran and ran on the treadmill for an eternity, beating myself up for getting so overweight. Then I tripped and fell off, sweating and sobbing for being so useless. When I looked up, I saw I'd been on the machine for barely 2 minutes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 957
You deserved it 20 682

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Soon those two minutes will turn into twenty. You are putting the effort in, which is more than a lot of people can say for themselves.

Don't worry about being overweight and going to the gym. At least people can see you are actively trying to pursue a goal. Keep your head up OP! :)

Comments

Soon those two minutes will turn into twenty. You are putting the effort in, which is more than a lot of people can say for themselves.

octinate 17

Yes, most people don't even start exercising, they always put it off and keep putting it off. Well done for doing the first step and actually giving it a go!

Yup. And it's surprising how many people wouldn't be much better, even if they look slimmer.

I agree. Every second and every step is only pushing that much closer to your goal. Keep going because no one started at the top. We all start from the bottom and work our way there (:

Op try doing it while watching television, it can make time seem to go by faster.

OP- I wouldn't recommend jumping straight in like that. Begin with walking, then move to walk run intervals, and finally to longer runs. Also, other cardio machines such as bikes and ellipticals allow you to mix it up a little. Hop in a pool of you can find one. And if you truly want to change, weight is lost in the kitchen. Just remember to never take it to extremes, if you feel you need a rest day, take it. To truly and completely get rid of fat, you must make it a lifestyle. Finally, SET GOALS! Set goals of a 2 or 3 pounds a week. It's a healthy rate to lose weight while remaining noticeable in your body quickly. :) good luck!

WasabiMars 21

#1 is right OP. Remember that the most difficult part about this is not the exhaustion from working out. The most difficult part is convincing yourself to get up and go to the gym. Because once you have set your mind to regularly working out, 30 minutes or more of cardio will feel refreshing instead of exhausting.

AnOriginalName 19

95, a goal of 1 pound per week is a much more reasonable goal. It takes a deficit of 3500 calories to burn a pound of fat; at a pound per week, that's still a 500-calorie deficit every day. And even that relatively small deficit is very mentally tough to maintain. It's important to set ambitious goals, but it's just as important to set realistic goals.

You aren't useless OP, its definitely easier long term and short to build up to the hard things but you have already overcome the first and hardest part. Keep to it and it will only get better from now - there are people everywhere who can help. All the best

turquoisee_fml 12

Don't give as in don't give up OP #62

#82 - I don't get why people are down-voting you. It's generally good advice not to give people herpes, especially if they're trying to make a change to live a healthier life. I agree totally, we shouldn't give OP herpes. That would be horrible. OP - keep it up, eventually it'll be easy and you will be healthier to spend more time with your loved ones.

Keep going OP! You've done the hardest part - actually beginning. Most people never get there. Follow through with it, and remember that you are strong and you will push through this!

meli1195 31

don't worry OP, everyone starts off somewhere. All those super fit people didn't come out of the womb like that, you just need patience and determination to accomplish your goal

As long as you keep at it, it will get easier and easier!!!

Remember how you felt when you realised how unfit you were. Use it to motivate yourself

You need to listen to "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey while working out or doing anything difficult. It really does wonders. Or "Eye of the Tiger."

For working out in general, yes. For running in particular nothing can beat Yakety Sax (aka "The Benny Hill theme") ;P.

Tessa_11 19

i listen to Eye Of The Tiger when I work out alot XD and Carry On (Wayward Son) lol

Queen - Don't Stop Me Now and Mulan Soundtrack - Make A Man Out Of You

Or chariots of fire makes any run much more triumphant.

Pop in some Beiber and you will enjoy running as long as you imagine you're escaping that Hell.

The Final Countdown - Europe Push It - Salt n Pepa Supermodel - RuPaul Macho Man - The Village People Holding Out for a Hero - Bonnie Tyler Big Blue - F-Zero OST Corneria - Star Fox OST Final Boss Fight - Yoshi's Island OST Guile's Theme - Street Fighter II OST Be My Lover - La Bouche Too Much Booty in the Pants - Soundmaster T Shake Your Booty - KC & the Sunshine Band Everybody Dance Now - C&C Music Factory I'm So Excited - The Pointer Sisters Stop! In the Name of Love - The Supremes The Bad Touch - Bloodhound Gang Pump Up the Jam - Technotronic Any 90s dance tracks, really.

I like to watch an action movie with really fit people. That's always good motivation.

"Marshall vs. the Machine" from How I Met Your Mother is also a good running song

Looks like I don't even have to compile a new work out playlist for myself anymore

Keep doing it OP, it will make you feel better about yourself. Do what you can no matter how short it is

keep fighting op dont let you get down :)

GrimReefer66 29

Hey, at least you tried. You had the power to go lose some weight, it may not be easy at first but you'll make it :)

that's a good start OP..never look at the time you run on treadmill just look at how intensive it is..I am sure you will make progress if you keep continue going to gym..