By Anonymous - 23/08/2012 16:50 - Canada - London

Today, while working at the pet store, I had to feed the snakes. I'd thawed too many mice, so instead of wasting one, I fed it to our turtles. They decided to play tug of war with it, ripping it in half in front of several terrified children. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 652
You deserved it 29 800

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That sounds so horrific but for some reason I can't help but to giggle.

Psych101 9

I really doubt the "I like turtles" kid would have said that after watching this.

Comments

Turtles don't just randomly eat mice you ******* idiot

Poor mouse..you said you thawed them, so I'm pretty sure they were dead, but that's such a sad thing to experience..

I was the one who posted this fml. To clarify a few things. Yes the mouse was already dead. We only feed frozen/thawed mice to our snakes for their protection (live mice bite). Our turtles are all rescues and are full grown. They eat a healthy diet of vegetation, but occasionally like to have treats (mice, fish fellets, crickets, etc). We do our feeding near closing in the backroom so children do not see what happens, and I placed the mouse in with the turtles 10 minutes to close with no one in the store. The children happened to come in right afterwards, resulting in my FML.

I actually thawed the right amount. I had a young snake refuse a feeding (was about to shed), but it was much easier to say I thawed too many. You only get so many characters.

I am going to hell for giggling at the thought of horrified children....

They are* :) I dissected a pig, a shark and a cat in high school.

Oops.. Didn't read your comment well. No correction needed :P

This shouldn't be funny but this made me laugh hysterically.

Meh. Kids gotta learn about the circle of life sooner or later.