By Anonymous - 23/08/2012 16:50 - Canada - London

Today, while working at the pet store, I had to feed the snakes. I'd thawed too many mice, so instead of wasting one, I fed it to our turtles. They decided to play tug of war with it, ripping it in half in front of several terrified children. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 652
You deserved it 29 800

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That sounds so horrific but for some reason I can't help but to giggle.

Psych101 9

I really doubt the "I like turtles" kid would have said that after watching this.

Comments

Poor mice !!!! Though i know that it's the circle of life and all but still ..:(

RedPillSucks 31

Not really. The mice had been previously frozen

MegamiKaosu 28

While their babies they're frozen so they just go to sleep and freeze to death (some dog breeders do this if the puppy won't survive) Then the tail and feet are cut off so it's easier for smaller snakes to eat. Adult mice are prepped the same way but the feet and tail are intact. I work in a pet store too and I feed the snakes, kinda confused why OP did this on the sales floor. With my store it has to be done at night and in a back room.

perdix 29

"Kids, this is what really happened in 'The Hare and the Tortoise'. Any questions?"

Psych101 9

I'm sure you all remember this story from our childhood. The hare kept on taunting the tortoise and letting it get closer and closer. Then, the tortoise got close enough to pass the hare. Gosh, I'm sure you all know what happened next. The tortoise bit clean through the hare's left calf muscle and dragged him crying back to all the other tortoises where they devoured him. Goodnight, kids.

perdix 29

As you wish, Noor. Sounds like a *lowers sunglasses* murine situation. Today, I finally got a mouse to eat. My ******* roommate insisted we share it. FML. In Soviet Russia, frozen mouse eats turtle. Ehhh, what's up, Doc? YOLO!

The death squads have been released. You both have approximately 17 minutes to live. May the Mighty FML Deity have mercy on your souls.

perdix 29

Oh, well, IOLO -- I only lived once :(

Well, it didn't go to waste. From that statement one can derive that the mouse was dead at the time. If it was alive it wouldn't go to waste if let be. Unfortunate with the children, but it's not enough for a Y.D.I. in my opinion.

It was dead. I don't know how many mice you've thawed and brought back to life recently...

What you mean not everyone can thaw mice to life? *Hides box of shivering mice" Best keep these to myself then.

Oh, I guess I was being Swedish again. Happens every day.

arnepalmer11 1

Follow me on instagram! arne_palmer111

I'm still giggling in a horrified way. The visual of this scenario is priceless

BellaMarta 19

Why would you feed it to turtles they're vegetarians!!!

If they really are vegetarians, why would the turtles even bother with ripping the mouse in half? I've got a turtle myself and also feed it meat and loves it.

Tortoises are herbivores. Turtles are usually carnivores eating fish, insects, and anything else they can.

No, they're not. Turtles mainly eat insects and fish. Mine was walking around in my backyard and she killed and ate a snail.

My turtle eats chop meat (like the meat in hamburgers that you grill) she's a box turtle and she loves it

Dang, how big where those turtles? I have seen only small ones at pet stores. FYL.