By no name - 22/06/2013 07:20 - United States - Gaylord

Today, while working at my job at a nursing home, I slipped and fell. It wouldn't be so bad if it was just water. No, one of the residents had just had an "accident". FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 752
You deserved it 3 833

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ripresno 10

Soo, they accidentally spilled their prune juice, right?

iLike2Teabag 27

I think you should know by now that misplaced bodily fluids is part ofthe job description..

Comments

NavalAvaiations1 5

I wonder if that's why they call it the golden years.

Martinez0285 28

I love how evil the elderly are, they have not lost their mind, they know exactly what they're doing ... they are just bitter they have to be on a home

yawateverok 10

worse things have happened in nursing homes....consider yourself lucky

How else would they entertain themselves?

jpjb 6

Thats why you bring extra scrubs to change into and you walk through there with caution they're not able to control their bladders as well as they used to

HeatherAS77 10

As a fellow CNA, I strongly advise that you keep an extra set of scrubs in your car or at work if you can, just for those special incidents!! Been there & worse!!

I have nothing but the utmost respect for you. I could never work in a nursing home and you are making their lives just that much better. I feel bad that you slipped in piss though. I hope you had extra scrubs to change into.

alluringtatas 7

That's very unprofessional of you to come on a site like this and complain about the elderly where you work. You should be ashamed of yourself. I would be livid if that was my grandma.

squideth 18

...Are you serious? Unprofessional because they're complaining about slipping in someone's piss? I'd like to see you fall in piss and not get upset.

alluringtatas 7

I've worked as a hospice nurse. I've been puked on, pooped on, peed on, bled on, sneezed on, etc. I would never be so disrespectful and come on a site like this to complain about it. If you have that attitude get another job. If you were in the lobby of the facility would you be saying, "Aww gross I slipped in pee from a resident?" No. Because family or friends of the residents could hear you and that's very disrespectful. The elderly deserve better.

olpally 32

This is an FML for a reason, this obviously was a very legitimate thing to post on here. Lots of people complain and deal with the elderly. Some situations like this are out of your control. I'd post this as an FML too, because it really did ******* suck. Op could love their job, just an FML moment like we all have though. How's it being rude to the elderly? I'm pretty sure the elderly don't care what op posted on here. Why do you care so much? This Website is for pure entertainment and our comments are here to help op deal with the struggle of their situation or make a joke about it so they feel better about it. . Jesus woman. Open your mind a little bit and think outside the box. There's countless things elderly people that embarrass people on here.