By no name - 22/06/2013 07:20 - United States - Gaylord

Today, while working at my job at a nursing home, I slipped and fell. It wouldn't be so bad if it was just water. No, one of the residents had just had an "accident". FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 752
You deserved it 3 833

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ripresno 10

Soo, they accidentally spilled their prune juice, right?

iLike2Teabag 27

I think you should know by now that misplaced bodily fluids is part ofthe job description..

Comments

Urine the wrong spot at the wrong time.

I don't know why this is being thumbed down, its funny stuff!

That must've been very embarrassing..for the resident, of course.

Grauncho 27

I assure you, that was no accident.

Did you call an ambulance? That's what y'all usually do when someone falls.

Been there. I used to work at a home too. It was job to clean that stuff up and on more than one occasion I've fallen. I feel your pain

I work at a preschool. This is also my daily life but on the other end of the age scale.

It is your job, either deal with it or quit.

Where does they OP that he/she works at a piss 'n' shit Slip-and-Slide? She has the right to feel this was unfortunate.

18, At the point where OP says "I'm working at a nursing home". When dealing with sick, disabled or elderly, things like this are to be expected. If OP can't stand it, this job is not for him/her.

29 - So you've never complained about an aspect of a job before? I find that hard to believe. The simple fact of the matter is, OP slipped in piss and has every right to be annoyed about it.

If she was much more careful and observant, this wouldn't happen. :)

30, "So you've never complained about an aspect of a job before?" Thinking about it, you're probably correct. I don't remember complaining about aspect of a job to a point of declaring it "FML" while employed on that job. By accepting the job you state that you know about job aspects and are prepared to deal with them. If the job turns out to be hard, you're already agreed to deal with it. If the job involves occasional piss accidents, you already to agreed to deal with them. When you signed contract (or verbally accepted the job), you already agreed to accept and deal with all kinds of crap as long as it matches your list of responsibilities. Don't you have any sense of duty, people? If you dislike it, quit and THEN complain how difficult it was as long as you want.

38 - I would be reasonably confident that "Slipping in piss" doesn't fall under OP's list of responsibilities.

Yes, 38, because quitting a job because something unpleasant happened is surely what onedoes out of a sense of duty. You make no sense, man.

41, elderly/disabled/sick people can have piss accidents, so that's part of the job. Slipping in it is OPs fault and is a result of not being careful. 48, If you complain/dislike the job, quit. If you don't wanna quit, don't complain and do your job. Easy.

Slip resistant shoes might have come in handle for events such as these. It could have been one of your patients that slipped and broke a hip! Glad you found it first. :P

Don't forget to throw in obnoxious finger quotes!