By Crap - 12/04/2016 16:48 - Canada - Toronto

Today, I was taking a dump at work at a nursing home. While reaching for the toilet paper, I accidently pushed the emergency button. The nursing supervisors broke into the washroom to help. FML
I agree, your life sucks 19 821
You deserved it 2 952

Same thing different taste

Top comments

At least you know they have great service there

Unless it's you're dealing with residents at risk for a heart attack or a stroke, meaning every single second counts...

Comments

At least you know they have great service there

Well, at least you know that that button works and that staff will respond fast...

your comment fail is funny because of your picture and name

Don't worry they were probably relieved that they didn't have to assist you ... Or did they? Ha

CrassKal 27

Coming from personal experience, if you aren't willing to help a sick person then you are in the wrong career.

jentrynicole 20

Once at work we heard a staff alert button going off so we ran into the room to see what was wrong. After about 6 of us ran in there, we saw no staff, and a man just muttered "I just wanted a cup of water." It happens. At least you know your coworkers will be ready to help you. :)

Shouldn't they knock first to make sure it's somebody with an emergency and not someone who accidentally pressed the button like you did? If there's no response to the knocking, then breaking in would be necessary.

Unless it's you're dealing with residents at risk for a heart attack or a stroke, meaning every single second counts...

I worked on a cardiac unit for many years, and actually had many patients code in the bathroom. If someone is coding, they usually don't pull the cord. The dead or dying don't usually have the time. The ones who do pull the cord are normally people who can't walk and need help back to bed. I always knock. I've never had someone pull the cord and code. And I worked on that unit for 13 years.

I was thinking the same thing, but I only worked in a nursing home. So thanks for your comment. lol

Sitcom rules dictate that you had to act impaired somehow for the rest of the day out of awkwardness. "Uh, did you need help, pal?" "Yes, my… arms don't work well because of… my age… or an injury I sustained… in a war I was in."

When they broke in, did it scare you shitless?

hellobobismyname 24

No, OP just took a shit and was already 'shitless' by the time they got there.

I call BS. There's normally a 'reset' button right next to it.