By epicsandwichartist - 05/05/2011 07:13 - United States

Today, while working at a sandwich shop, we had a shortage and could only put so many veggies on one sandwich. I explained this to one man who was grumpy about it, but kept on ordering. I thought everything went well. He thought my face was a good target to launch his completed sandwich at. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 823
You deserved it 3 639

Same thing different taste

Top comments

sailorzoe 14

That's the food industry for you. I work at Freebirds and someone freaked out yesterday because we ran outta forks. We sell burritos.... Those people are just bored with their lives.

Comments

mintcar 9

Was it a tuna sandwich? Those are the worst kind of sandwiches to launch.

Daerauko 0

what about a ****-meat sandwich?!

mintcar 9

Sounds a little painful to launch a **** meat sandwich.

shakeTHEworld 12

i hate it when customers think they're better than the people serving them. look on the brightside, atleast he paid before he threw it at you.

WallyTheWombat 0

Well the post states that OP explained the situation before making the customer's food. So he knew exactly what to expect. If you aren't satisfied with customer service, then you get a refund and don't eat there anymore. It's that simple and there's no need to be a douche about it.

chikachikawahwah 0

OR, and hear me out this may sound crazy, but JUST LEAVE and go somewhere else. it's also not the OP's fault that the manager ordered the wrong amount. It may not even be the managers fault. The company that delivers the veggies could have just messed up their order. The OP didn't purposefully short him on veggies, it was an honest mistake. There's no reason for the customer to become violent and throw the sandwich at the OP.

a_nutritionist 10

@57 you may not suffer from a massive ego, but you certainly have no idea how the world works. you also seem to think that the way you want the world to work is the way it DOES work. nobody cares about your opinion on why youre paying them. theyre offering a service, if your needs are not met by this service and theyre unable to accommodate you then thats whats called "your problem", not theirs. please get some life experience before making ridiculous claims.

thats why u keep a shotgun behind the counter

you should have called the police... that's assault

Rio_de_Fevereiro 0

**** the police!!, kick his ass

futtbuck101 1

I would've given a knuckle sandwich

cptmorgan15 2

Ahh, the knuckle sandwich. My personal favorite.

Was the customer around 150kg, pronounced it as 'Sandvich' and carrying a minigun that he named 'Sascha'? Don't try to outsmart him because no one ever outsmarts his bullets.

ckyorelse 18

This is why I can't work food service anymore. The last restaurant job I had ended because I threatened to break a rude customer's face. It was pretty much the same kind of situation as the OP's story.

WallyTheWombat 0

Knuckle-head sandwich. I appreciate that.

you deserved it. when there is a shortage you still have to give paying customers the proper amount, and when you run out you are supposed to explain that unfortunately the veggie delivery has not come in yet, but ask your manager what you can offer the customers to make up for no veggies. for example a free fountain pop. it costs the company only pennies a cup, but now all your customers actually got value for their money instead of just getting ripped off.

missmaryb 0

Exactly. It's not the customers fault you don't have enough veggies. The company should take the hit. You shouldn't be screwing every customer that comes in just because the company or someone else they deal with can't get their shit together.

Exactly. The customer was an asshole about it, but he probably assumed he'd at least get a discount for the inconvenience. I really hope some coworker was hauling ass to the closest grocery store while this was going on. =

ckyorelse 18

I love how none of you think about the next person in line who might like some veggies too. why can't anyone be considerate of other people anymore? OP was just trying to make sure as many people as possible got veggies

a_nutritionist 10

and youre all missing the point that this person doesnt work in a position of authority and as such cant make such a call. if you have an issue with it, thats when you say "nevermind, ill go somewhere else". they wont care, you get what you wanted, and you dont come across looking like a colossal moron.