By whywouldyoudothat - 07/10/2014 01:14 - United States - Kingman

Today, while on vacation, my parents called to inform me that my best friend had died in a car accident. Why? To trick me into tearfully confessing my love for him. It worked. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 443
You deserved it 4 843

2019x tells us more.

Top comments

What in the actual **** -_-, fyl OP, it is never ok to fake a death.

Comments

ur parents suck. they should feel like shit.

Totally not cool. I lost a girlfriend to a drunk driver and remember getting that phone call. Yes, some part of me would have loved to find out it was a cruel joke by an insensitive asshole and that she wasn't actually dead. But I think I would have hated whomever had been cruel enough to torture me like that for whatever reason and forgiveness would not have come easy if at all. You don't joke about this type of thing. There are easier ways to get someone to confess their love for another without sending them into a psychological state of shock and grievance. Your parents suck, anyone who thinks/says otherwise has not experienced this type of tragedy personally.

Wtf is wrong with your parents ! Who does that !

Some people fear that they will be cheated on, or dumped. I just fear that he'll inexplicably die. I couldn't have handled this prank. Some comments above are testament to how ****** up this is.

RA91 26

I completely agree with the title on this one...why would they do that?!?!

I'm pretty upset by the fact that it's in the follow up section without an actual comment from the OP. This one needs a follow up more than any other one does.

I've heard of bad parents but that one takes the cake

I haven't been on here long, but I know this is one of the worst and saddest things I've read so far. True, your best friend could be dead, but that is a rediculous lie! Sometimes, asking works. Why didn't they do that? And even if you didn't answer, I know from personal experience, there is sometimes a reason not to.