By whywouldyoudothat - 07/10/2014 01:14 - United States - Kingman

Today, while on vacation, my parents called to inform me that my best friend had died in a car accident. Why? To trick me into tearfully confessing my love for him. It worked. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 443
You deserved it 4 843

2019x tells us more.

Top comments

What in the actual **** -_-, fyl OP, it is never ok to fake a death.

Comments

ostfaiz 18

Nonsense parents, u would have traumatized sobbing!

KatyLarae 13

You're parents sound terrible...

Wow this is really ******! I don't understand why anyone, let alone parents would do this. They obviously knew you had feeling for this person, that makes it even worse. I'm sorry OP, that was really wrong.

This is beyond sick of your parents! You should NEVER EVER joke about someone dying or being ill. Your parents are repulsive.

catanita 18

What a sick joke. They won the first prize at the WORST PARENTS EVER category. How can one make a joke about someone dying?

People are saying her parents are bad, but maybe she was too shy to confess to him directly, and this is their way of showing him how she truly feels about him or something. If a relationship came out of this, it would be a miracle, but still a good story.

Are you the parents? Because if not, that means there is more people around with that screwed up logic, and that thought is disturbing.

Nope, reason does not justify that. Doing such things IS bad parenting regardless of why you did it. Just imagine your dad comes over and says that your mom has died just because you do not contact her as often as she liked so he can get out of you that you loved your mom. Sorry but such methods are just cruel.

Wow, that's just horrible. It is never okay to joke about death, no matter what you're trying to do. The only result you'll get is looking like a total asshole.

That's terrible. Your parents suck. Also it's really horrible to make fun of or fake deaths. You'll know when you actually lose a friend. Clearly your parents need to learn how that feels

Sorry about your shitty parents OP.. Hopefully you and your friend geels the same and you two stay together for a long time. One day this will all be a funny story to tell the kids. ;)