By whotouchedyou1 - 26/08/2014 02:37 - United States - Cypress

Today, while my teacher was demonstrating how to use the ultrasound equipment, we all figured out that I'm pregnant. FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 188
You deserved it 11 764

Same thing different taste

Top comments

dimerneckel 22

Now you won't be a star on the show "I didn't know I was pregnant"!

Comments

If this is way off give me a hell of down votes (as usual...) Wouldn't you know you were pregnant already before it would show in an ultrasound?

ultra sound can pick up the heart beat well before you start showing any signs, the reply to #11 went into a lot more detail if you're still wondering

Someone else already asked this and got an answer. MsKatieFace: "Not necessarily. Ultrasounds can pick up the heartbeat as early as 6 weeks in rare cases, and most can be picked up by 8 weeks, and of course by the time it has a heartbeat it's big enough to be seen on the screen. If she had sex right before/during her period it is possible to get pregnant still, and considering menstrual regularity usually takes a few years to settle in, her period being late is usually not an automatic sign to a younger female that she is pregnant. Plus, you usually don't start showing til at least 2-3 months when the baby is big enough to start causing the bulging stomach, and movement of the baby that you can see or feel isn't til 14 weeks plus."

With my first I was 13 weeks pregnant when I found out, so yeah.. It's possible. It's not like I didn't pay attenion to my body, I just had pregnancy symptoms for about 10 months before I actually got pregnant... Hurray for hormones!

Not if she's in the 1st trimester. You can't usually feel the baby move for the first couple months.

I was 2 months along when I found out I was pregnant(peed on a stick cause my mom said it wasn't the flu), and 3 months at my first ultrasound. There are a lot of people that don't know they are until they are giving birth.

congrats. now you will be a test subject all semester.

Interesting way to find out to say the least! Congratulations.

cookie1207 19

How is this a FML? CONGRATULATIONS!

Not everyone wants a baby. They might not be ready, or could simply not want kids.

Because not everyone wants or even likes babies, and it sounds like OP's in school, which is going to get massively ****** up if OP keeps it? My rule of thumb, if the pregnancy warranted an FML, it's not a congratulatory event!

OP, I hope the pregnancy is in an early enough stage that you have time to make the decision about it that's best for you. I also hope you got extra credit for being a truly memorable teaching moment.

On the plus side you'll get ultrasounds whenever you want without worry about cost. And your teacher got a fabulous story to tell for years to come. you'll be famous, at least in that class..Congratulations, OP!

It isn't all bad, OP. The surprise has happened to many. At least you won't find out like some when they're going into labor. Congrats, OP. Enjoy the many hard, yet joyful years to come. They will be some of your happiest.