By SadPuppy - 22/05/2013 07:14 - United States

Today, while grieving over the loss of my Grandpa, I called my girlfriend for comfort. After I had cheered up, she said, "Don't worry, he went to Hell anyway." FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 816
You deserved it 3 544

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's awful. Some people don't know what to say when others are in pain, maybe, or maybe it was a joke you didn't quite catch and was at an unfortunate time. If she really is being so disrespectful to your grandfather and so careless about your grief, confront her about it. It's not the kind of thing you can just let slide in a relationship.

what possibly made her think that would comfort you... Unless she thinks you're going to hell too?

Comments

I don't even understand what would possess her to say that? Did she think it was a joke to make you laugh? Is she a religious nutcase who thinks everyone is going to hell? What a terrible human being.

In what tone was this said! Lots of people don't know how to handle death, and some make inappropriate jokes without thinking about what they are saying

Well, OP. Did he do things that would traditionally send him to Hell? It's a legitimate question.

Perhaps she said "heaven" but you misheard her? Sounds contradictory to me if she tried to cheer you up and gave you a listening ear, then told you that your late grandpa is going to hell. :/

OP's girlfriend might be a Jehohvah's Witness- when my wife passed away, I actually got a condolence letter from a nearby Kingdom Hall, which basically said she'd gone to hell & I would too if I didn't join their church. They have a lot to learn about winning people over to their side, let me tell you.

#88- JW's don't believe in hell. I'd know, half my family members are one. They were probably telling you about how you'll see her again or something.

That's interesting. True, they didn't use the word 'hell' but it sure sounded like that's what they meant. As I recall it said things like "she's not in a good place now" and "nothing can be done to help her." Then went on to warn me I was on the same path and I should come to them if I wanted to avoid the same fate. I'm guessing they were basing all that on the fact that her obit mentioned we were members of a Catholic church; I know the JWs don't like Catholicism much.

Are you dating a member of the westbouro baptist church.

boobsarefun 4
wafflefriez91 17