By jerkgirl - 08/04/2009 05:18 - United States

Today, while getting my hair done, I was annoyed that the beautician was not paying attention while straightening my hair. After asking her three times to watch what she was doing, I grabbed the iron and said "let me do it, you're going to burn me!". I then burned two layers of skin off my ear. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 742
You deserved it 113 225

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why would you do that? Don't be a bitch. YDI.

whatwhat 0

How much attention does it require to hold something and slowly pull down?

Comments

stephx_fml 0

#21 youre stupid beauticians do hair. we go to beauty school. i know this. i went && yeah if you would have done this in my salon you would have gotten bitch slapped as soon as you tried to touch my flat iron

No beauticians wax hair off, give people manicures or pedicures, do make up for people etc. Hairdressers cut people's hair and straighten it etc. I went to beauty school and became a Beauty Therapist and I do not straighten people's hair.

EffinWhosLife 0

So, You were so annoyed you decided to burn yourself. You didn't want her to do it for you.

Two words: Britney Spears. Maybe that's why she grabbed the shearers and said " i can do it myself".... famous last words.

#41, are you insane? The customer IS kind of right in this instance. The hairdresser is only human and not infallible, and more to the point, they aren't the one who has to walk around with the results on their head if they mess up. It's the OP's hair, and they have EVERY right to do whatever is necessary to make sure it's done right--she's the one paying for service! A good hairdresser knows this, will listen to what the customer wants and do their best to make it happen, and will pay attention to what they are doing. Find another salon, seriously.

You really have to try to burn somebody with a flat iron. Just because this person asked 3 times doesn't mean she has a reason. She may be just a control freak. I hate when my clients act like that. I've had training I know what I'm doing. Don't treat me like I'm stupid, I could flat iron hair in my sleep.

I've never read a more overwhelming "YDI" FML before. You so very seriously deserved it.

Uconnrunner 0

Why are you a bitch? I imagine you to be the type of person that always thinks you're better than everyone else you think everyone knows it when in reality, people just don't like you. You have "best friends" but they are the type of people that will leave you in a second if they hear about anything that will benefit themselves. did you text a friend saying this and get no response? That is because no one cares and they have already given up on you because everyone knows you are going to be all dried up by age 26 and still think that you are worth something. http://www.fmylife.com/miscellaneous/852008 Look at #28. I wrote that entry and you will realize that you are going to be the girl in that story, you little bitch.

the girl that does my hair sometimes doenst seem to be paying full attention to me. Shell be talking to her friend or her mom- since she works there too. But i know she isnt going to burn me. She has enough sense for that. YDI. you were a bitch.

damn Unconnrunner. Youre harsh. on here and on the other fml. though, i think there is some truch to wut you say in both fmls....

prettyxdemented 0

#57... wtf? She has to walk around with the results on her hair of... what? Bad straightening? Heaven forbid. Anyway YDI. Have you even been to a salon before? They're usually very open/talkative places and trust me, the hairdressers know how to multitask. You, apparently, don't.