By jerkgirl - 08/04/2009 05:18 - United States

Today, while getting my hair done, I was annoyed that the beautician was not paying attention while straightening my hair. After asking her three times to watch what she was doing, I grabbed the iron and said "let me do it, you're going to burn me!". I then burned two layers of skin off my ear. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 742
You deserved it 113 225

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why would you do that? Don't be a bitch. YDI.

whatwhat 0

How much attention does it require to hold something and slowly pull down?

Comments

the person doing ur hair is called a HAIRDRESSER not a beautician.............beauticians wax hair off ppl not fix the hair on your head!!!

YDI, We Know What We're DOING. We don't have to look constantly. I promise she wouldn't have burned you, but consitering you did it yourself. YFDI

i bet that hairdresser felt so satisfied when you burnt yourself...i know i would after someone was a bitch like that to me

Totally deserved that, i bet she went in the staff room after you were gone and LOL'd at you with her collegues

straightener = flat iron both are right. and really? do it yourself? then why go to the salon in the first place. way to be a brat.

Umyeah, you definitely deserved that. I'm sure she wouldn't have burned you but like someone else said, I would have done it on purpose.

That sucks, I hate when the person is too busy yapping on the phone or to her coworkers to pay attention to you. I had a hairdresser like that. Once. I gave her a small tip and never went back. Now the new one I found is great. Sucks for your ear though! Hope it heals quick and that you find a decent salon to go to. For all the people saying she's a controlling bitch... HELLO, it's HER hair, she has every right to have control over what's done to it! Hairdressers are people too and they can suck at their job just like anybody else...

arabesc 0

I agree with #28. I mean, sure, she shouldn't have grabbed the iron and tried to do it herself, but the hairdresser should've been paying attention in the first place. The OP clearly states that she asked THREE times, and while the hairdresser may have been the best at her job, or be capable of doing any work blindfolded-- or not, there's always that-- she was asked by a customer to do something. It's her job to follow. Least she could have done was put the customer at ease. I personally hate it when people yap over my head like I'm a doll.

rebelchild 0

Definitely YDI. Your hairdresser has probably done that a thousand times and could do it in her sleep. Unless she's being extremely reckless or something like that, you're most likely not going to get hurt. Well, that is, unless you start being a grabby control freak. Funny how that worked out.