By Anonymous - 13/09/2015 13:21 - United Kingdom - Bristol

Today, while eating at my college cafeteria, I started thinking about all the awful crap going on in my life right now, and I started sobbing. Some guy at another table started snickering at me, at which point the guy I like said, "Give her a break. If I was as fuck-ugly as her, I'd be crying too." FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 885
You deserved it 2 715

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I hope whatever was on your plate ended up in his face.

They're just another waste of oxygen. Keep your head up.

Comments

I take it you only liked him because of his looks? I don't see how you didn't know he was a **** ass before.

Every time I run across a comment from you it's always really insensitive. You sound so miserable. I feel sorry for you.

People don't always show their true colors right away. He probably thought he was acting cool in front of his friend.

imlovingmylife 8

Not only is your comment insensitive (which is honestly the least problematic aspect), but it's just clueless, highlighting your unfamiliarity and benightedness of the world we live in.

OP I'm also from Bristol in the UK! The rude people at your college seem similar to the ones at mine, hah. It's okay, things get better as you get older and go to uni etc :) maybe you can get counselling through the college for the other bad things going on in your life? Don't listen to the horrible boys.

People are heartless. You should be thankful you found out that he's a douchebag now rather than down the road when you have more intense feelings for him. At least you found out now.

It's okay OP, I started bawling in the middle of a meeting with my advisor and stormed out sobbing and got lots of lovely stares from people on the street. Another time I got so stressed in an exam I started to cry and had to turn in my test with tear stains on it. College is stressful as ****, and yeah those people may have been assholes but the stress is gunna come around and bite them in the ass. I've been in your spot, it gets better (and worse) but you live and you learn from it. Good luck OP

I meant to say good luck OP, not sure why it got cutoff

well I dont know about college being stressful, I got this year and next before I get to find out, but im no stranger to crying because of stress or other things that "irritate me" for lack of a better term, the slightest thing used to make me cry, I hated it and the only thing that stopped was becoming a very cold unfeeling person (at least on the outside), even that doesnt always work, and even when it does its absolutely horrible to be like, lets hope you never have to go that far because as they say hind sight is 20/20, and personally I wish I had never done it.

#16, OP isn't in what we refer to as college. In the UK college is what we call high school

I found college very stressful - and that was without any family issues and whatnot. I picked a bunch of difficult subjects and put way too much pressure on myself to do well, and I missed all the friends I'd spent years with at school. In some ways university was easier because I'd learnt how to handle my workload (and other things you learn as a teenager) better!

starglow13 10

Ignore that bastard. He's probably conceited because he thinks he's got it all looks-wise, including a big dick, when in reality, it doesn't count if most of it's his personality.

OP, ti sounds to me that that guy was just looking to say something horrible. Anyone will believe they are ugly if you tell them that and I think it has nothing to do with how you look. that comment was the same as someone calling a girl fat when she clearly isn't - meant to dehumanise and upset. I would speak to a senior staff member about it, life sucks at times OP. Keep your head up high. People like all sorts of shapes and sizes and there are many very stereotypically 'beautiful' people who my friends find unattractive and vice versa. He is a jerk. Take care OP. Thank you for helping people feeling like crying to know they aren't alone.

This is completely true. When I was younger my brother constantly called me fat and it was only recently that I realized I'm really not, and it shouldn't be an issue even if I was. If you hear something like that you will believe it whether it's true or not. And the fact they were willing to make fun of someone crying shows how ugly THEY are.

forget that guy and remember that there's someone out there who likes you. you just haven't found that person yet.

It sounds more like high-school than college. So immature.

On my first day of school, I saw this girl, and because of how she looked I instantly hated her. Now we're friends.

tigerzroze 16

I kind of understand where you were going with this comment, that maybe if they get to know OP they will be friends. However saying you hated her for the way she looks, just makes you sound rude and shallow.

He was trying to seem witty and cool in front of his friends. This just shows how insecure he really is, and that you should just dust off any mean comments made by him and others like him. After all, who cares what a shit kicker says in front of his like-minded peers!