By Nate - 06/03/2009 03:25 - United States

Today, we watched a movie in class. Afterwards, the professor asked us what we thought. I raised my hand and said it was pretentious, dull and a really poor example of filmmaking. It was the movie HE spent five years writing and directing. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 553
You deserved it 52 648

Same thing different taste

Top comments

yikesO_O 0

Hey, you spoke the truth. People can't be babied all their lives anyways.

Exactly. If the professor is opening the movie to critique, he better suck it up and deal with it.

Comments

I can see a FML coming.. "Today, I showed the movie I spent five years on in class. When asked what they thought about it, one student said "it's pretentious, dull and a poor example of filmmaking. FML"

gnt 0

haha @ 12. good luck with your grades. you might have to give him some after class special

TryToBeKind 0

This is why you keep your opinions to yourself unless you know who worked on something. Only say positive things, compare it to the prof's point. I hope you're only 18 and very naive, otherwise you're a moron.

u r the ******* moron... ur saying ur supposed to kiss ass through life? I bet u ******* pump gas for a living u pessamistic ****..

missymay993 11

Um... The prof asked for an opinion, and so he gave it. Don't be a kiss ass all though life, you'll just seem like a retard.

also, if you're not going to go through the effort of putting two dots above the 'i' in the n-word, don't bother saying it at all.

115 when you said n-word i thought you meant THE n-word not fricking naïve

blueyedqtpie 0

im in a film making class as well ,if you have backup for what you said like why the technical aspects didn't work i think it would make it better, although you have to work hard for your grades now, you can pull it off.

Now see, I think your REPLY was incredibly pretentious. Obviously, there are much, much better ways you could have said that same thing. I find it pretentious and irritating to jump to shoot down others' work, even if it is all those things you said it was. You could have listed specific problems you had with it and say that it seemed or came across to *you* as those things for those concrete reasons. You could also have waited for someone else to react, then diverted to your specific problems or feelings towards the film, and it would have been a discussion, not a whiny little bitch fest. Though whenever I'm in a film class, I make a point of googling the movie or looking it up on IMDB during the film. Get the names of the director, the DP, the producers, etc.

missymay993 11

Soooo, he should just be a conforming wallflower? The prof asked for the class's opinion, and so he gave it. Everyone that says he should've kept his mouth shut is pretty much a dumbass.

Besides, that's NOT the truth. It's your opinion. You have no right to state it as anything else. Being honest is good, but a bitch about it doesn't lend you any credibility. Be honest but diplomatic.

She wasn't "bitching," and she never claimed that her opinion was a fact.

jstlookinground 0

Don't feel bad. You are in a film class. It is your job to watch and critic films. Yes maybe his feelings got hurt, but he can't blame it on you. If he wanted to be praised and get his ass kissed, he should have told everyone from the beginning that it was his work. You gave your honest opinion, and that is not something to feel guilty about.

Oh texmas, you should learn to follow your own advice, since you so obviously could have worded your comment better. Nate, he kind of asked for it. Granted, more detailed explanations would save your ass, you gave an honest opinion.

It's a F HIS Life. He wanted to know, you told him. Don't be surprised if he grades you a little hard, though.