By Anonymous - 18/10/2013 14:29 - United States - Worcester

Today, we had a safety meeting at my warehouse job. They had an entire power point based around their message, "Stop getting hurt; it costs the company too much money." FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 518
You deserved it 4 219

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Genius! We could solve all world problems this way! Poverty in Africa: Stop being poor! Terrorism: Stop being violent! Brilliant stuff, OP. This shit's gonna change the world. Hope you took notes!

onealmxwilson 18

I can only imagine that a lot of accidents have happened for them to have a presentation about it. Sounds like unsafe working conditions.

Comments

Wow, FYL, OP, I know the feel tho, I work a warehouse job, too, and my bosses are kind of like that, too. I mean, not THAT bad, but they're still a bit of a bunch of assholes when it comes to saving money, most of us use half broken equipment...

fksfsdhfsdfh 26

You have to enforce basic principles before teaching the hard stuff.

I just had the same safety training at work two days ago. I found it ironic that we all had stiff necks at the end because we had to look up at the projector screen.

The company I work for tried to bully staff members out of putting in accident reports by posting the reports in the staff newsletter, on a page marked Sinners.

It's easy, don't hire people that lack common sense.

Uh yeah? Isn't that always the message? I mean if you seriously want a company to have an emotional response to every individual that gets hurt you need to open those naive eyes. Besides, if employees are being unsafe it is totally acceptable for a company to not give a **** about them. So yeah, if you're too stupid to be safe and are costing the company money you should be fired.