By Anonymous - 18/10/2013 14:29 - United States - Worcester

Today, we had a safety meeting at my warehouse job. They had an entire power point based around their message, "Stop getting hurt; it costs the company too much money." FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 518
You deserved it 4 219

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Genius! We could solve all world problems this way! Poverty in Africa: Stop being poor! Terrorism: Stop being violent! Brilliant stuff, OP. This shit's gonna change the world. Hope you took notes!

onealmxwilson 18

I can only imagine that a lot of accidents have happened for them to have a presentation about it. Sounds like unsafe working conditions.

Comments

Trinidad727 9

ay if you owned a company you would do the same exact thing!

If more people took the time to be a little more careful, it could save a lot of in costs to the company as well as in lost wages to employees. I worked in a warehouse years ago, and forlift drivers all the time ignored 'normal' common sense, speeding through access ways, through aisles, not checking around corners. We had accidents almost every week, and had to remind them constantly after 3 people got sent to hospitals from other people's lack of common sense.

graceinsheepwear 33

But did they address the boxcutter issue?

A lot of companies are like that I think. When I went to orientation for a past job, they told us that if we get cut on the job, have one of the decrepit old women working in HR sew it up.

vffjvsegb 11

Direct and too the point, perfect

punz 7

Workers Comp insurance is mandatory for any business or company. The premium or amount they pay for the policy is a percentage of the total payroll. Depending on the type of work, number of accidents and severity, the company could pay 20 cents on the dollar or more for every dollar of payroll. You should ask them to pay safety bonuses for hours or whole year without an accident. They keep they're rates down and you get extra money.