By Anonymous - 18/10/2013 14:29 - United States - Worcester

Today, we had a safety meeting at my warehouse job. They had an entire power point based around their message, "Stop getting hurt; it costs the company too much money." FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 518
You deserved it 4 219

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Genius! We could solve all world problems this way! Poverty in Africa: Stop being poor! Terrorism: Stop being violent! Brilliant stuff, OP. This shit's gonna change the world. Hope you took notes!

onealmxwilson 18

I can only imagine that a lot of accidents have happened for them to have a presentation about it. Sounds like unsafe working conditions.

Comments

RedPillSucks 31

Was one of the slides how not to get cut while having sex with a co-worker?

I don't think it's intentional...but still maybe a little training will help....

I work for a major plastics manufacturer, and they have a bonus program that is partially based on workplace safety. We also have regular safety discussions about various subjects. Still people get hurt due to various reasons. So we have to have more safety talks. I just try to not get hurt and then hope to get my bonus.

Accidents are going to happen one way or another. If they can't expect it, then it's incredibly irresponsible in the ownership standpoint and extremely unprofessional of the business.

reymon8823 24

Wouldn't the power point cost the company money as well?

punz 7

You gotta spend it to save it....I Think.

That's generally the message behind all safety meetings... Most companies do these meetings cause they have to pay for your irresponsible actions on the job.

TheyCallMeDamien 17

But it's nice to know they care....about themselves.