By SeagullsShouldDie - 28/08/2010 06:07 - United States

Today, was my uncle's funeral. He was cremated, and his wish was to have his ashes spread into the sea. As we were waiting for the waves to come and take him away, a group of seagulls came by picking at all his ashes. I guess he tasted good. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 135
You deserved it 3 378

Same thing different taste

Top comments

They will have to poo eventually though, so chances the ashes'll end up in the sea after all (or on someone's head) are pretty good.

When my Uncle died he told my Aunt to put his ashes in a douche so he could rest in his favorite place. No! I did NOT ask her if she did it!

Comments

No, they were probably picking at some fish or small animals that got caught in the tide. When you're incinerated there is carbon monoxide and a general taste of burnt stuck to it. Soak a ham in gasoline, set it on fire, reduce it to ash. Leave it on the beach and see if the seagulls will even touch it. Bet not. Also, 99 is right.

you are what you eat so next time you see a seagull say hey what up unck!

bearcat123 0

I agree with 1 we should go hunt that bastard down

That's actually kinda funny, and hardly screws up your life. A friend of mine was scattering his mother's ashes when a wind kicked up and he breathed in a bunch of her...now THAT was an FML!

74. I could not agree more with you. that was beyond gross and stupid of the jackass who posted that.

jmh96 0
punkglamazon 0

it's both digusting and fascinating at the same time.

life's a bitch and then you die and some ******* seagull eats you and then poops you out of his ass. it is a vicious cycle.

yipee 0
ohheykiwi 2

That is fcking disgusting, what he wanted. When I go to the beach, I don't want to swim around in some dead guy.

In the countries where spreading someone's ashes in the sea is permitted, that is regulated by law. They can't just drop the ashes near the beach, they have to sail farther from the shore, just so people don't "swim around in some dead guy". So, no need to worry :)

ohheykiwi 2

But the FML says 'waiting for the waves to come and take him away', which means they basically dropped the ashes on the shore and waited for the sea to do its thing.