By Anonymous - 28/08/2012 16:56 - Canada - Orleans

Today, wanting to be on time for my first job interview, I woke up at the crack of dawn and walked almost an hour through a thunderstorm. When I arrived, I was told that the manager wasn't in today, because of the bad weather. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 937
You deserved it 2 005

Same thing different taste

Top comments

there's no bus? subway? train? taxi? couldn't call first? they couldn't call you? not to mention the manager couldn't find a mode of transportation because of the rain? "wet" the heck is up with that?

And that's why you always call to confirm, especially when it's an hour walk. Lesson learned, I hope.

Comments

BracJones214 3

you live in the south? cause we're getting some bad storms down here.

roxyartist 8

Damn! The guy should have canceled the interview earlier! Poor OP!

I had a job interview today (was actually a second interview). I drove, the weather was beautiful, and everything went perfectly. I must have stolen all your luck OP, sorry about that.

Thats weirs. I have my first job interview tomorrow I have to walk at least 45 minutes and in waking up early... Ugh I hope the person is there

HmongJohn 9

You deserve to get hired just for that alone.

Fyl, but probably for the better. Clearly they have shitty communication skills if they weren't able to call you and reschedule. I've had a job where the manager has bad communication. In fact, the communication level is so bad that I am still technically employed there but on medical leave even though I haven't worked a single shift in over a year and called every day for a month to be taken off medical leave and put back on the schedule. The stress that job caused me was SO not worth it.

linnie_wesker 20

#70 Haha I know how it feels... I went through a few interviews and then got hired on the spot at this one place, they said they'd call me to tell me when to come in and I never heard from them again. I was pissed so instead of calling them I interviewed for another job, got hired on the spot and have good hours and better pay than I would've had there... oh well. :) Everything happens for a reason I guess.

At least u went. If he's a decent manager, that could work in ur favour :)