Make up your mind

By lifeofamusicteacher - 08/12/2016 01:22 - Hong Kong

Today, I got yelled at by parents of one of my students because their child didn't perform well at their Winter Concert. These are the same parents who told me months ago that I needed to be more lenient by allowing their kids to skip rehearsals. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 219
You deserved it 581

Same thing different taste

Top comments

They clearly misunderstood the use of rehearsals. No one to blame but themselves OP.

Comments

They clearly misunderstood the use of rehearsals. No one to blame but themselves OP.

I really hope shitty parents like that don't ruin the awesomeness of being a music teacher for you OP. My music teacher in grade school is someone I still think about as an adult because she taught us unique songs and made them obnoxiously fun!

Such great role models those parents are being. I hope when their child is older and skipping classes, they remember this moment.

That about sums up parents now. It is the teachers fault, not their kids or even their fault. I share your pain, Op. I work in an elementary school and some of those parents, my Lord

XxfrenchyyXx 12

It's gotten to the point that parents are worse than their kids.

should have stood your ground. parents never know what they're talking about.

This is one of those situations where it helps to be both blunt and professional/polite. With a calm and concise tone, point out that all of the children that showed up for rehearsals performed just fine.

Well Hong Kong, and I'm guessing this happened....this makes me laugh. I'm surprised the parents would even let their child skip. Don't they have a like disgrace on the entire family if little kid does poorly??

corky1992 33

Those parents suck at being parents

goream2013 6

Working in a school I've learned, that as much as you want the best for your students, there is only so much you can do. There are a lot of parents out there that will frustrate you with their "logic" but you just have to smile and let it go. Maybe they'll figure out they are just taking away from their child and be better.