By Anonymous - 24/04/2015 15:18 - United States

Today, the pills my doctor prescribed for my extremely painful period cramps apparently have a side effect; excruciatingly painful cramps. I feel like I'm being repeatedly stabbed in the ovaries with a rusty fork. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 075
You deserved it 2 428

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Maybe go back and ask if he can prescribe anything else because it's not working for you. Tell him what's wrong and that you can't take it and see if he'll switch it with something else. Good luck op.

A pill that causes more of the symptom it's supposedly treating is obviously not the right one for you. Get another prescription!

Comments

My doctor gave me medication called ponstan which has a side effect of stomach olsers and causes extreme pain. Like wow dude, this is so much better then cramps.

That sucks OP! I hope you went back to that doctor so they can prescribe something that will actually help. Get better soon!

You may wish to have your ovaries checked out more thoroughly by your OB/GYN; my first wife suffered from ovarian cysts. From my recollections, her description of the pain she felt is quite similar; my deepest sympathies, I would be curled in a ball crying like a newborn at a quarter of the pain you must be feeling. Take care and I hope your issue can be resolved with all possible haste.

jcb805 11
bleedingglitter 24

See what he thinks about giving you the birth control shot. It's not for everyone but it completely stopped my cramps and cysts.

Such a strong description that it actually made me cringe. Hopefully you find an alternative soon that actually helps!

Ask for birth control. It gets rid of my pain from my cysts entirely so it may help you.

magickiss87 22

Man, that truly sucks, OP! I know from experience how bad those pains can be. Feels like your being drop kicked in your lower back and uterus at same time repeatedly. Talk to your Dr (or nurse from their office) and tell em you're in more pain than before the meds and ask them to prescribe something else. Till then, a heating pad, midol etc can truly be of some help. For some women, sex can actually help with cramping (as well as certain exercise such as squats etc). Best of luck to ya, hun!

91hayek 31

This FML got the girls on FML out with advice and support. Impressive.