By Anonymous - 24/04/2015 15:18 - United States

Today, the pills my doctor prescribed for my extremely painful period cramps apparently have a side effect; excruciatingly painful cramps. I feel like I'm being repeatedly stabbed in the ovaries with a rusty fork. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 075
You deserved it 2 428

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Maybe go back and ask if he can prescribe anything else because it's not working for you. Tell him what's wrong and that you can't take it and see if he'll switch it with something else. Good luck op.

A pill that causes more of the symptom it's supposedly treating is obviously not the right one for you. Get another prescription!

Comments

I swear when i read the side effects of pills its like it should read side effect death. Try our new and improved death pills for heart burns, may cause heart burns, burning sensations in the heart, a racing heart and death. The new and improved death pills to help with heart burn and they say all this in a happy voice and big smile.

Idk if your pills are birth control or not but if they're not, I'd consider taking birth control.

I am going through the same thing right now. Except in my case, my pain meds aren't working and my coworker is enjoying slamming pans into my crotch.

Then stop taking them? Duh. And ask your doctor for another type.

I feel. My heart goes out to you. FYL

Really sounds to me like you could have endometriosis. Especially if you can feel the pain specifically in one place. Stop taking those pills as they clearly arnt helping. Doctors don't take menstral pain seriously enough. Ask them about endometriosis. Fingers crossed it's the pills and not endometriosis. You should not have to suffer with the pain! Please go back to your doctor and get referred to a gynae specialist. I really hope this gets sorted for you.

ruthi666 23

Definitely sounds like endometriosis.

crazygirl2014 8

If you're old enough try Depo Provera or nuva ring. second one has no side affects. (they are birth control)

only try depo if you have read the reviews & health information. can cause osteoporosis & other severe side effects. personal knowledge here.

Oh hell no to depo. Hell to the no. That shit is the devil. I just posted another comment about the violent mood swings i had while taking it.

Nuva ring definitely has side effects. It may not have any for you, but everyone reacts differently to it.

go to you gyn. asap. seriously. you could have anything from endometriosis to cysts to fibroid tumors, to far darker things like burst cysts or atopic pregnancy or cancer. get to a specialist & have someone check. I suffer from cysts & fibroids, & have a family history of ovarian cancer.

I'm taking prescription strength diuretics for a separate medical condition and they actually have helped tremendously with my cramps. Maybe ask your doctor about that OP.