By Anonymous - 24/04/2015 15:18 - United States

Today, the pills my doctor prescribed for my extremely painful period cramps apparently have a side effect; excruciatingly painful cramps. I feel like I'm being repeatedly stabbed in the ovaries with a rusty fork. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 074
You deserved it 2 428

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Maybe go back and ask if he can prescribe anything else because it's not working for you. Tell him what's wrong and that you can't take it and see if he'll switch it with something else. Good luck op.

A pill that causes more of the symptom it's supposedly treating is obviously not the right one for you. Get another prescription!

Comments

Septemberz_Storm 8

I definitely feel your pain. Dealing with the same thing. I've changed scripts a few times. I may have found the one for me. Hopefully you will too!

How does op know what that feels like in the first place? That is the question.

Probably because OP is female, but who knows... maybe men get cramps in their uterus too...

I'm pretty sure all females know what that feels like.

He means getting stabbed with a rusty fork.

That's just horrible. I can't even imagine how bad that would be, considering my cramps make me feel like I'm quite literally dying. Go tell your doctor right away, and stop taking that medication. Hopefully he can find some sort of alternate medication for you. Feel better op

Herrochild 10

I'm so sorry! That must really suck.

Try taking birth control pills and just skipping the sugar pills and going right to the next set. It stops your period altogether. I asked my doc if this was okay and she said it was. I had bad cramps and bled very heavily to the point where I was anemic.

yup my doc asked me to take 3 strips instead of 1. So 9 weeks pill, 1 week period.

Yeah I will never understand why people choose to get their periods when there are options not to lol. I guess to avoid pregnancy scares but I take an occasional $6 test rather than spend more on tampons and cramp pills. My mom still freaks out that I skip periods. Thinks they need to happen to clean me out or something, like I'm just full of blood lol.

LilyTdawg 7

^ yeah I'd agree. I've heard a lot of people who've had success with birth control.

I have PCOS, and am on birth control, as well. It's gotten so bad to the point that I have to miss school for the week of my period, and that I physically cannot stand for more than 10 minutes at a time. Vicodin that they gave doesn't even help. :( I feel your pain, OP.

I get that too... I've passed out from pain -.-

Currently sitting here suffering from the same OP, but no prescription meds for it. Chocolate, heat pack, I want Chinese food and a foot rub.

Maybe it's not a side effect, maybe the pills just don't work.