By Anonymous - 24/04/2015 15:18 - United States

Today, the pills my doctor prescribed for my extremely painful period cramps apparently have a side effect; excruciatingly painful cramps. I feel like I'm being repeatedly stabbed in the ovaries with a rusty fork. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 075
You deserved it 2 428

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Maybe go back and ask if he can prescribe anything else because it's not working for you. Tell him what's wrong and that you can't take it and see if he'll switch it with something else. Good luck op.

A pill that causes more of the symptom it's supposedly treating is obviously not the right one for you. Get another prescription!

Comments

someone is *puts glasses on* ovary-acting

Better than being sick and ******** yourself every time you cough or sneeze just sayin

countryrose92 23

Do you have PCOS? The only thing that helped mine was Advil and a hot bath to help relax the muscles. I couldn't even walk for the day when I had them they were so painful. Also, laying in bed with the feet kicked up on the wall with a hot pad also made them slightly better. They ALWAYS started at 9am and were gone by 2pm, like clockwork.

blackfire29 7

My cramps used to bring me to the verge of tears. I've noticed that in the last few years, I've started eating healthier and the cramps are nowhere near as bad as they used to be. Have you tried changing your diet to see if it improves your cramps?

Get muscle relaxers! Your uterus is nothing but muscle. It will help with the cramps! My OB/GYN recommended them when I started getting bad cramps even after getting on the pill.

I used to try and kill myself from the pain every time I had my period, then I got diagnosed with endometriosis and was prescribed continuous birth control to make my periods stop. That kind of pain that you are describing is not normal and is a huge indicator of a reproductive disorder. Please go get checked, some of them can be serious. I ended up needing a hysterectomy due to my endometriosis when I was 23.

wtf? how stupid why would a doctor prescribe a medication that causes the same problem its supposed to be fixing...you should have demanded a different medication

You should go on the pill like I had done which my doctor suggested/prescribed. They reduced the amount of blood and my pain is bearable, unlike before when I couldn't get up or do my work.

OP! Oh my goodness, I know your pain, my love! I developed fibroids in my uterus, has your doctor ruled that out? I had the Mirena IUD for three years, and it helped relieve my severe cramping. It also made my periods much lighter. (Just use caution, you CAN still get pregnant with an IUD).