By Anonymous - 11/04/2014 23:49 - United Kingdom - Bristol

Today, the guy I live with demanded that I get a job or start paying rent. It'd be perfectly reasonable, if he wasn't my husband, and if I hadn't just given birth to our first child. FML
I agree, your life sucks 53 088
You deserved it 5 898

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I bet he won't be saying that if he went through labor.

Tell him that you have a job. Caring for a newborn. Also let him know that since it's his child he needs to pay back rent for the nine months your baby spent living inside you.

Comments

FerniieBabiie 14

unfortunately it isn't how the world works anymore. both have to contribute

rocker_chick23 27

She is. By staying home with the child, they can save over $400 a month. Daycare is expensive and can cost $150+ per week.

Not all contributions to a home are monetary. Daycare is $900 where I live, after taxes I would have cleared $300 a month. A few hundred and someone else spending the majority of the time with my son? Nope. The way the world "works" now is that every household can decide how they want it to run. The standard isn't men working while women stay at home anymore, one can work, both can work, plenty of stay at home dads too. Not all couples need two incomes.

skittyskatbrat 19

Um, United Kingdom. 39 weeks of PAID maternity leave at 90% of her regular weekly pay. He's just being an ass.

Geometric 18

That's really inconsiderate of him. He should've asked the baby, all it's done is eat, poop, and cry, and hasn't put any effort into running day-to-day tasks, how lazy can you get!

What a rude insensitive jerk. Well next time he demands you pAy rent. You demand that he pay for sex and then tell him that will not only cover rent but living expenses as well. See how he likes that. Kick him where it hurts the most. Your husband is a low life.

I get the baby part, but why did you bring up him being your husband? Does that automatically mean that he has to pay all expenses?

TheDrifter 23

That's kind of the deal when you get married. They exchange vows and rings and agree to take care of each other. Since she's unable to work at the moment, that means he'll have to pay the bills.

He told her to pay rent. She just gave birth and OB's need to okay work.

markcallanan_ 20

I feel for you OP! just gave birth 4 weeks ago and I'm the sole provider as my OH is a stay at home dad but won't reverse the role while I'm on maternity! I hope he was only joking though!