By Anonymous - 11/04/2014 23:49 - United Kingdom - Bristol

Today, the guy I live with demanded that I get a job or start paying rent. It'd be perfectly reasonable, if he wasn't my husband, and if I hadn't just given birth to our first child. FML
I agree, your life sucks 53 088
You deserved it 5 898

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I bet he won't be saying that if he went through labor.

Tell him that you have a job. Caring for a newborn. Also let him know that since it's his child he needs to pay back rent for the nine months your baby spent living inside you.

Comments

I bet he won't be saying that if he went through labor.

loooloool 13

#2 don't be that one person...

And I thought FB was bad with grammar nazi's.

daisylokes 16

don't take it personal, he's going through the daddy blues. he knows better, just keep your head up, mama and don't let anybody bring you down, focus on your baby, bc next thing you know he'll/she'll be growing so fast, you'll wish she/was a newborn again. :)

19 and 43- because that just doesn't make sense. "I bet he won't be saying that if he went through labor"? That's implying that he can and might go into labor at some time, which isn't exactly possible.

Deleted b/c I put it in the wrong place.

How considerate of him to think of the well being of his newborn child.

rose20906 2

I am sorry that that is what you have to deal with. He should be thrilled you just had a baby.

SDee1234 11

How long ago did you give birth? I know if my man said that after I gave birth I would be pissed. I'm now pregnant with his second and where I am high risk I have no job. Thankfully, he loves and supports me no matter what. I would very clearly tell your husband unless he is a new Mom who has to breastfeed, change diapers and be up all the time. The he needs to shut up.

olpally 32

He's a dumb ass. Clearly he doesn't understand the pain you've gone through.

Tell him that you have a job. Caring for a newborn. Also let him know that since it's his child he needs to pay back rent for the nine months your baby spent living inside you.

SDee1234 11

Charge him what a standard surrogate fee is, then hand the same bill to your fully grown child 18 years down the line. Not only is it reasonable, but you double your income for the same amount of work!

So agreed. My best friend's baby brother just turned 2. And his mom told me that the first year anyway is the absolute worst. Constant nights missing out on sleep etc..

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Because often the man wants the woman to be at home with the baby. And childcare can be very expensive, by the time you have that and the costs of getting to work, it can be high. Plus the ideal is exclusive breastfeeding for the first 6 months, pumping isn't easy, which makes working hard. Essentially unless the woman is going to be on 30k plus, it's not worth it unless she pumps and dad stays home. Oh and how many employers are going to take on a woman with a young baby? Just because people aren't supposed to discriminate, it doesn't mean they won't!

I was going to say the exact same thing, #9. Someone has to care for the kid. I'm sorry, OP, that you didn't find out just how much of a douchebag your husband is before you had a kid with him.

#109 The MAN wants the woman to be with the baby? Now even motherhood is something men force women to do in yet another thing people feel men oppress women into? I imagine the woman is also very eager to stay home and be with / care for her child.

And mention how much child care would cost if you had to work

cjwayy 22

What the hell? That's super messed up.