By hunterjumper1212 - 24/05/2012 07:41 - United States - San Rafael

Today, I finally told my roommate, who doesn't pay rent, to go get a job. He left, came back, and immediately went to my refrigerator to eat. I asked him about his job and what his pay is. Apparently, putting together a bike for a kid is a job. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 278
You deserved it 2 873

Same thing different taste

Top comments

you already know his weakness is the refrigerator. dont go grocery shopping and just get.a days worth of food each time you go out. thatll force him to get a real job.

Comments

Well, he's trying.. Maybe. Still, that doesn't sound like it pays enough for rent. FYL, OP.

Bravesfan319 11

Fixing one bike is trying? Kinda just seems like a lazy roommate who OP needs to kick out.

Perhaps you're right. But at least OP's roommate didn't just flat out say "No." and carry on doing literally nothing :)

Bravesfan319 11

Unless it was a motorcycle or dirt bike (which I highly doubt), then I'm guessing it didn't take the roommate more than 15-30 minutes... Max. So it's pretty much like he didn't try lol

17 - True. I was just trying to give the roommate the benefit of the doubt. Something I find myself doing quite often. I apologize for my stupidity lol

SecretMe00 5

He got a shiny new nickel, a free months rent from OPs good nature, and a half a turkey sandwich.

I'd love to give bjs for a living.... If I was a girl!

reddudeover 2

35 - So what's your excuse for giving them now? And at only a dollar a piece it's such a deal.

He definitely sounds almost as much if a freeloader as squdward.

That would have been funny if you hadn't misspelt squidward.

nofearjenshere 12

I'm Squidward, I'm Squidward, I'm Squidward, Squidward, Squidward!

How is Squidward a freeloader? He has his own house!

fadingfaith 4

I think you meant Mr. Krabs.

I think they were referring to the episode where Squidward loses his job because Mr. Krabs thought he stole his first dime.

Threaten to kick him out of he doesn't get his act together. That's sucks tho. GL!:)

you already know his weakness is the refrigerator. dont go grocery shopping and just get.a days worth of food each time you go out. thatll force him to get a real job.

caplox 6

OP shouldn't have to limit their groceries because of a lazy roommate.

OP also shouldnt have to share food with a lazy bum either.

caplox 6

Who says he has to? I say put a lock on it!

peachesncreem 21

#12, please don't punch babies :(

it was either punch babies or kick puppies. the former seemed funnier. then again my dark sense of humor is such that only a select few are desensitized to the point that to them it can be allowed to be funny.