By Seule - 29/06/2016 04:07 - Switzerland - Pully

Today, on a movie date with my boyfriend, it took me a while to understand why he was leaning on his elbow during the entire thing. He had an earpiece cupped in his hand and was listening to a soccer match. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 215
You deserved it 1 702

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm a huge fan of soccer, I can totally see myself doing that. Though it is a bit rude, it's not like you were trying to engage conversation throughout the movie. On another note, what game was he listening to?

At least he attempted to make you happy by coming with you. He could have ditched you completely to see the game instead

Comments

If he was so interested in football, he should have told you instead of acting like a kid about it. Unless you were being a real douchebag about it, in whch case YDI.

who cares really, maybe the movie was not his style and instead of being a rude douch he decided to let you enjoy it while he did something he enjoyed. I'd be pissed it of was during dinner or while I was trying to engage in convo but if not. let it go pick your battles.

silverbane27 13

I honestly don't see anything wrong with this. He was there with you what does it matter what your watching

Talking seems to be way underrated. And wow to all the people who think she should be happy that he even came. Wtf? It is really insulting to act like this. Just say you don't want to. It's really not that hard.

Garnetshaddow 30

Haha! This reminds me of way back in middle school wen we would hide our CD players in our hoodies, run the cord up our sleeves and listen to music in class! It is a bit of an FML for the girlfriend, but I have to admire his creativity... seeing as I did the same thing myself at one point. I wish there was a follow up on this. I'd love to see how he reacted to being caught, any circumstances surrounding the date (why it couldn't be rescheduled?), and anything else.

At least he has his priorities straight.

I can't decide if my advice should be "dump him" or "kill him". I can't believe all the people on your bf's side! If his attention and heart aren't in the date, but something trivial like sports, let him go (or commit homicide). You deserve someone that'll focus on YOU on date night- not on grown men wasting their lives chasing a little ball around a field (and act like it's a life-or-death battle- it's literally a game.) That clearly says "You aren't important to me right now, I have to listen to the score of a GAME. Men chasing small balls are more of a priority to me than you are."

Garnetshaddow 30

My advice to you would be to chill out!

it is the Euro Cup and I think Switzerland was just eliminated