By Seule - 29/06/2016 04:07 - Switzerland - Pully

Today, on a movie date with my boyfriend, it took me a while to understand why he was leaning on his elbow during the entire thing. He had an earpiece cupped in his hand and was listening to a soccer match. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 215
You deserved it 1 702

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm a huge fan of soccer, I can totally see myself doing that. Though it is a bit rude, it's not like you were trying to engage conversation throughout the movie. On another note, what game was he listening to?

At least he attempted to make you happy by coming with you. He could have ditched you completely to see the game instead

Comments

Vanillalife 19

Why's everyone saying "at least he went in the first place"? It was very rude of him to do something else after agreeing to a movie date. If he didn't want to be there that badly, he should have been honest rather than trying to cover it up. I hope that you both feel more comfortable about discussing your desires in the future, OP.

peterburk 5

He paid 20 CHF and didn't even watch the movie? Waste of money. That said, it is Switzerland. But OP, don't take it too personally. If he invites you to watch a football game, you can spend the time watching a movie on your phone. He should see his hypocrisy if he gets mad at that.

If you were watching "50 Shades of Gray" or "Twilight" I wouldn't blame him.

I don't know if id even be mad or just laugh. He still went on the date instead of staying home to watch the match. Its pretty cute and funny.

Just be glad the guy even bothered to take you out to begin with while there was a match on.

The Euros are on, honey :P You're lucky you even got him out of the house!

its called football in europe. don't cater to the americans

datwarruiosr 7

You have a girlfriend not a boyfriend