By Ecolo-girl - 11/03/2016 06:22 - France - Quint

Today, my wife, the budding environmentalist, who is also 6 months pregnant, threatened to leave me because according to her I'm responsible for the world's deforestation. I'd only drawn her a picture of her with our baby-to-be. FML
I agree, your life sucks 646
You deserved it 60

Top comments

It's her hormones OP. My advice is to acknowledge what she is saying and do not invalidate her emotions or things will just get worse. Think of the baby who is coming in just 3 months. In any case, I know it's hard for you too so here's one FML for ya from years back: "Today, my wife, who is four months pregnant, burst into tears while thinking about the armchair in our living room that we never use. According to her, we're stopping it from living out its destiny as an armchair. FML"

Comments

chocolatefrog28 29

I'm sure there will be a lot of ups and downs mood-wise, at least she didn't do anything foolish and actually leave. Stay patient, OP, and maybe the next time you want to do something sweet like that, draw it on MS Paint and email it to her.

Well, at least she cares about the planet, right?

Tell her you're leaving her because she's responsible for overpopulation.

The toll hormones are taking on her body right now doesn't excuse her behavior, but it does offer an explanation. The best thing you can do is stand by her and support her, just like she's supporting your growing child. And by doing so, it will bring you closer. Think of it like karma points for your marriage. Chances are she understands (or will soon) that's she's being a little nuts, but can't do much to help it. She's in overdrive, trying to identify threats to her and her child, and in this case, Gerhart brain has zeroed in on "deforestation". Really want to earn some points? Play along. If you have a backyard, plant a tree. If not, invest in a potted plant (Nothing with a strong smell, in case it bothers her stomach, and nothing potentially harmful to mommy/baby). Seeing you nuture/ grow something will help her see you as her "problem solver". Best of luck, and congrats on being a dad!