By Ecolo-girl - 11/03/2016 06:22 - France - Quint

Today, my wife, the budding environmentalist, who is also 6 months pregnant, threatened to leave me because according to her I'm responsible for the world's deforestation. I'd only drawn her a picture of her with our baby-to-be. FML
I agree, your life sucks 646
You deserved it 60

Top comments

It's her hormones OP. My advice is to acknowledge what she is saying and do not invalidate her emotions or things will just get worse. Think of the baby who is coming in just 3 months. In any case, I know it's hard for you too so here's one FML for ya from years back: "Today, my wife, who is four months pregnant, burst into tears while thinking about the armchair in our living room that we never use. According to her, we're stopping it from living out its destiny as an armchair. FML"

Comments

saffy66 34

Not sure which way to vote on this one - was she like this when you married her?

It's okay, it's probably just the hormones talking. Just give her a little space and tell her her concerns about the environment are valid. Congrats again on the baby!

Wow...guess she doesn't wipe her ass with toilet paper huh?

Does she realize how much adding to the human population negatively effects the environment? Cuz, talk about an overreaction.

Hopefully it is just pregnancy hormones, or you are going to have a disgusting time with cloth reusable diapers.

when my wife was pregnant she want to go hunt in order to make our sons first pair of shoes and a hat. which I fully supported. this is way I'm glad I live in texas..less tree hugging hippies. on the more positive side it probably her pregnancy hormones which tends to make them take everything to the extreme..

you done ****** up mate. I smell divorce.

Pregnancy hormones are a bitch. Yesterday, I started sobbing in the grocery store. Why? Because they didn't have my favorite kind of peanut butter. I had to leave without buying anything because I couldn't stop crying. Hang in there, OP!

It's hard when you know you are being mental as well. Logic makes no sense when your hormones are mixed up.

Mattanatior 11

This might be a surprise to her but you can plant more trees