By goner - 01/05/2012 04:05 - United States

Today, my wife and I decided it would be funny to pull a prank on her family who we were going to see for dinner. I hid in the foyer while she went in and announced to her parents that she was leaving me. I watched as her mother hugged her daughter and cried "Finally..." FML
I agree, your life sucks 70 259
You deserved it 21 558

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You have some odd ideas of what constitutes a prank...

Well I saw that one coming. I hope that was the moment you jumped out so you didn't have to hear all the stuff they were probably about to say. "Finally... you're leaving that asshole Jeff, remember when he tried to play that prank last year at your Grandpas wedding and he had a heart attack?" Let's hope we learned something here.

Comments

That doesn't sound like a funny prank at all... no matter what the reaction would be. =/

iamspartacus2 0

And you excpected this to have a positive outcome why?

tiltwrestler 0

Hahaha I'm getting a vibe that somehow, your girlfriend secretly thinks less highly of you because of this incident, and secretly holds it against you, and will let her disapproval of you show through snide comments during the next couple weeks.

mk1o3o 0

one, if the parents had felt bad for her, they would quickly realize how stupid and childish the prank was. two, if the parents were happy for her which is what happened, it would just be awkward. either way, the prank fails.

Wow that sucks. So your wife had no idea that her mom doesn't like you? You should stay together just to spite them.

kellster 2

What an incredibly stupid "prank" to play. Some pranks are funny and other ones are just basic manipulation to see what people actually think of you. This was the second kind, and you deserved it. I guess you haven't exactly made yourself popular with your in-laws!

Slushie09 0

Sucks to be you dude, thats why you're supposed to kiss the in-law's asses.....