By goner - 01/05/2012 04:05 - United States

Today, my wife and I decided it would be funny to pull a prank on her family who we were going to see for dinner. I hid in the foyer while she went in and announced to her parents that she was leaving me. I watched as her mother hugged her daughter and cried "Finally..." FML
I agree, your life sucks 70 259
You deserved it 21 558

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You have some odd ideas of what constitutes a prank...

Well I saw that one coming. I hope that was the moment you jumped out so you didn't have to hear all the stuff they were probably about to say. "Finally... you're leaving that asshole Jeff, remember when he tried to play that prank last year at your Grandpas wedding and he had a heart attack?" Let's hope we learned something here.

Comments

Kitty34_fml 0

These pranks are only funny to the people doing them. They are not enjoyable to anyone else.

cartering 0

Umm, what did you expect to happen if not for this?????? Them to start screaming at her that she better get her a** and call you up because no other man in the world will have her?

Don't worry, if my parents ever pulled this prank my grandmother would do the exact same thing. And they've been married for over 25 years.

Oriina 0

So, did her mother cry when she found out it was a prank, too?

Something tells me this story is F-F-F-FAKE. It's just difficult for me to believe that someone--let alone two people-- would actually be so stupid as to think that this would be a funny joke. But perhaps I just have too much faith in humanity.

You should have gone in there and said, "**** you!"

YDI, what the hell kind of prank is that?

It's at times like this, I laugh a little on the inside and say: You really ****** that one up.