By Rejected - 16/07/2011 13:28 - Australia

Today, my six year old son came up to me with his arms spread and said, "I feel like a hug." I got really excited and hopeful because he is very anti-social and hates physical contact. As soon as I stood up to hug him he said "Feeling's gone" and walked away. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 251
You deserved it 4 759

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I usually don't do this, but anti-social behaviour and avoidance of physical contact can be signs of autism. Now before anyone jumps on me, I'm not making any diagnosis here. I'm only saying they are signs that something deeper MAY be going on. Ok, now you may flame the shit out of me.

Awe you should have ran after him and gave him a bear hug anyways and a kiss on the cheek and be like "my feelings not gone kiddo!" :)

Comments

7 that just sounds creepy. OP that is freakin hilarious! your kid is a genius!

tell him you don't feel like punching him, then go up to him and give him a punch saying 'feeling's gone'

Honestly, sounds like he may have autism. Poor social development and avoidance of physical contact are common signs. You should get that checked. Autism is not a bad thing, just something you should know to help with school and parenting.

0utlawed 0

children are reflections of their parents. TALK WITH YOUR CHILD, don't be a stranger, he's you're son, be supportive and help his confidence. antisocial 6 year old? I think it's a case of child neglect. the only thing consistent in life is change, and the best thing you can do is keep you and the people you love on the right path.

Or he could just be antisocial or autistic. o.o if she was so excited to hug her son, I doubt it's neglect.

0utlawed 0

he's that way because obviously he wasn't taught any better

Yes because autism is a taught behaviour now? You heard it here first folks! He may not be autistic, we don't know, but you can't assume he's being neglected!

that's a big slap in the face by a 6 year old :(

Ah yes, I remember age 6. The rough rebellious years...