By Rejected - 16/07/2011 13:28 - Australia

Today, my six year old son came up to me with his arms spread and said, "I feel like a hug." I got really excited and hopeful because he is very anti-social and hates physical contact. As soon as I stood up to hug him he said "Feeling's gone" and walked away. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 251
You deserved it 4 759

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I usually don't do this, but anti-social behaviour and avoidance of physical contact can be signs of autism. Now before anyone jumps on me, I'm not making any diagnosis here. I'm only saying they are signs that something deeper MAY be going on. Ok, now you may flame the shit out of me.

Awe you should have ran after him and gave him a bear hug anyways and a kiss on the cheek and be like "my feelings not gone kiddo!" :)

Comments

taticalnNinja 5

your fake,fake stop using other peoples photos SMH

67- shut the hell up. I'm not fake. Jesus Christ look up Amber McKinley on facebook.

username50115 2

67 don't be a douche. Just because your ugly doesn't mean everyone is as ugly as you. get a life you tool.

129: 15 uses fake pictures because she's fugly. 67 knows this because he uses said pictures to jerk off to others agree with 67 because the pictures are totally fake and 15 is some fugly chick who hides behind fake pictures, or could be a man with issues...

A7X_LoVeee 10

Lawllll there's nothing more pathetic than putting up someone else's picture as your own on the Internet.

nativepimp 1

says the person with the fairy picture @130

haha. funny. since all of you dumb asses think I'm fake, I'll just take my picture off. Jesus Christ, just cause all of you have seen my picture somewhere else doesn't make me fake. k thanks bye, losers.

taticalnNinja 5

that pic has been floating around forever smh

I think it's one thing to use a random picture, from tv or whatever, but it's retarded using an actual picture of someone else as if it's you. I know this isn't a dating site where it matters more, but I don't see why anyone would feel it's needed. Even if you are "fugly".

A7X_LoVeee 10

Nah actually you took it down cause you got called out.

The faeries are faeries from one of my favorite web comics.

are you guys seriously making fun of someone you don't know on the Internet ? like grow up. it's her decision what she puts as her picture. not yours.

it's our decision to call his ugly ass out for using a fake picture.

Just walk after him and give him a bear hug! And then feed him bacon to cheer him up.

Gay Candy Bacon Strips! epicmealtime?(:

and bacon strips and bacon strips and bacon strips and bacon strips and bacon strips... and bacon strips... haha

Jay1D 0

So when does the Narwhal bacon?

SmallTownCutie 0

I think he was wanting a consensual hug for once. I'm not a fan of physical contact and my family gets very frustrated, because on occasion they would like me to hug them. That's probably OP's situation.

jillianmathers12 13

If I were you I would bribe him with toys! Maybe that will get you a hug!

Then he becomes spoiled and develops a false sense of affection triggered by material possessions. Because that's healthy for any kid.

hateevryone 14

awww maybe he just needs a friend

welllll... if hes antisocial he is gonna need quite a few friends actually ;)

That was my first thought too. Sounds like a lot of the kids I've taught with autism. No reason this comment should be getting bad reviews. Autism isn't a bad thing, it's just something that you'll have to work around. The ignorance that passes here is laughable.

gar4152 0

That's exactly what I was thinking.

I was think that also! I'm glad someone said that

I have Autism and had to get a lot of help for it when I was little. And I definitely agree also, this sounds like Autism.

I also agree to this comment. I got diagnosed with it 15 years ago. It is a lot of work to get help for any child with it, but it helps so much.

SmallTownCutie 0

I thought it sounded a lot like aspergers. My older brother is an aspy, with a dry sense of humor, and he's done something very similar to this before. It's just a more high functioning form of autism.

High function autism is exhausting for kid's family and educators. I taught a high function autism child for a year just an hour a week, and it wore me out. Amazing how some parents can do it.

i really don't think that is autism... I have a neighbor who's child was believed to be autistic. It turns out he wasn't and that the parents just... well, weren't doing as good of a job as they should have. Autism is being so overly diagnosed just because some kids weren't raised in an ideal way, either because they weren't socialized as much as they could have been when they were younger or because their parents didn't do a proper job of keeping them and their anger in control. **i am NOT saying this is true for all cases.

it's not just not being social...not liking to be touched is common in autistic children, it isn't a bad thing, we're not trying to make it sound like it, we are not attacking him. But there is more to autism than not being touched and being anti-social so he may not be. But from the information given, it sounds like he could be.

Adorable , he reminds me of the little boy from the movie 'The Switch' (:

Hey better no contact then too much contact, if you catch my drift!

he'll grow out if it.. try encouraging him more to be more social. not an fml unless you have a condition that makes it hard for you to get up/sit back down.

I usually don't do this, but anti-social behaviour and avoidance of physical contact can be signs of autism. Now before anyone jumps on me, I'm not making any diagnosis here. I'm only saying they are signs that something deeper MAY be going on. Ok, now you may flame the shit out of me.

Sure Boners, but only if it's the tiger-stripe bikini briefs. Those leather chaps you wore last time gave me a rash.

GuessWhatKids 13

WTF dock thts so meen!!!callng sumone otistick is illegal!! he culd just b a slowe boomer!!!! woww dock jus cuz u hav dock in ur name dusnt men u csmn call ppl fags!!!reported fagget (This is a joke for anyone with a bad sarcasm detector.)

flockz 19

53- attempting to read your message gave me a migraine like after the time i saw doc and boners hugging with nothing on. it still disturbs me.

Did anyone else think they lost braincells from reading 53's comment?

gar4152 0

That's what I was thinking. No I am not a doc, just have been around a lot of autistic kids. That sounds a lot like autism.

GuessWhatKids 13

Hey idiots, I was joking, as I already stated.

i was loving that combo between boners and doc and you just killed it...

GuessWhatKids 13

You mean the off-topic retardation that you illiterates thrive on? I agree, most amusing.

Kennzz 0

53.. just because your kidding doesn't mean you can't effin spell and write like a normal person would.

103- we all know that we feel smart when we use big words, but try not to make it an "every time" thing, because it gets very old very fast

sigh...103, I think what everyone on this thread is trying to tell you, is that you're not funny, and you shouldn't spoil an intimate, raunchy hug between Doc and Boners just because you think you are.

GuessWhatKids 13

I'm surprisingly not intimidated by all you idiots calling me stupid/unamusing when none of you have any idea how to properly construct a sentence. Go suck the dicks of commenters you worship, please. Please thumb me down, I find it amusing that you care enough to argue with a stranger over the internet for "forcing" you to read my joke. it's honestly pathetic how serious you all are. Dismissed.

Mademoiselle_fml 34

Seems like an awfully clever thing to say for a child with autism. Seems more like asperger's to me, if at all. I have a cousin with autism, and my brother has asperger's. He's a bloody genius but completely anti-social. It could be nothing, though. Probably just another cheeky kid on the loose.

That sounded so British. I love it.

#335 It was originally its own disorder but now it's considered a form of Autism Spectrum Disorder